Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus

Timer Record Radio

I received the Visionsat today. Very nice receiver. I looked through this thread for an answer but could not find it.

I discovered the the GOM player will play back both the Radio and Tv on recordings on my computer. I have 2 questions how do you set up timer recording for the radio.
I can record the radio but can't figure out how to switch the timer from TV to Radio.

Also I recorded Steve Quayle's radio show which is right side audio but it records both left and right audio instead of just the right.

One more thing about the channel numbering. I scanned in 97 W G25 and the numbering starts at 3000 and goes up? Is there a way to start it at 1 ?

I have 2 questions how do you set up timer recording for the radio.
I can record the radio but can't figure out how to switch the timer from TV to Radio.
I havent tried that yet

Also I recorded Steve Quayle's radio show which is right side audio but it records both left and right audio instead of just the right.
I noticed that too. I recorded some hockey games this past season that the channel only uses left side audio. After my Hard drive/dvd recorder took a dump and nuked a program, I had to rresort to the Visionsat recording on that hard drive. BUt I couldnt select only left side

One more thing about the channel numbering. I scanned in 97 W G25 and the numbering starts at 3000 and goes up? Is there a way to start it at 1 ?

for some odd reason it does that...I think it has to do with the Globecast numbering

Iceberg,

I'm very happy with this receiver, I noticed one thing about the PBS channels with the AC3 audio. If I watch the channel I can't hear the audio... but if record and play the file back on my computer I can hear the audio!

VERY interesting...never tried that

The PBS channels are AC-3 audio so to hear them through the TV you need a converter (sonic voom makes headphones that we have rigged up to work properly)

White Springs TV

Has any one been able to scan in White Springs TV with the Visionsat IV200?

Every time I scan the scan stops when it hits 11964. The receiver does not lock up it is like it is hung and can not fully scan that transponder. I can exit the scan no problem. This is the only Satellite this happens with.

Has any one been able to scan in White Springs TV with the Visionsat IV200?

Every time I scan the scan stops when it hits 11964. The receiver does not lock up it is like it is hung and can not fully scan that transponder. I can exit the scan no problem. This is the only Satellite this happens with.

I'm seeing the exact same thing with my Visionsat, never been able to scan White Springs. :(

I believe you are right about the low symbol rate. I tried to scan in GBN on AMC 6 and it would appear to hang like it did on White Springs...

Can you manually enter the information and get it? First you have to create the Satellite, then "Add TP" . That's how I got there. The low symbol rate may be part of the problem.
:(

You -can- use the loader and a serial port & cable.
I did the very first time because I didn't know how to do it by USB.

But the best way is to plug the supplied 64mb thumb-drive into your computer, and write the unzipped binary file on it.
Then, turn off the Visionsat, plug the thumb drive into the front panel, and power up the receiver. (back panel , then front panel)
After it's been up a few seconds you should see a pop-up asking if you'd like to load new firmware off the flash drive.

It's possible that very old original firmware will not auto detect (I can't remember).
If that'd the case, work through the menus on the box 'till you find the section on updating from USB, and then go for it.

Easier to do than to tell about. ;)

Anole, I followed your process for installing the new version on the unit, but I did not see any popup window for the update, so I plugged in the USB with the unit on and the window did pop up; It listed the present version and the new version, so I updated it along with installing the loader.

The new version and the loader with its version is now listed on the info window.

Then I pulled out the USB with the unit still on.

It's a winner IMHO !

Thanks to SatAV for the great bargain on this unit! I just received it a few hours ago and despite a few small "rough edges" (that will probably be addressed by firmware updates) the receiver is doing a fine job! Blind Scan didn't find White Springs (as some others have noticed), but when I entered the transponder info manually it found it first time. More importantly, IMHO, the picture and SOUND quality is FAR superior to the Fortecs I own. I wish I had found this receiver sooner! Great job Visionsat and SatAV! I haven't tried all the features yet, but I've seen enough to make me easily choose this receiver above the others I own. And, the parent company doesn't have silly restrictions about loading factory-authorized firmware updates, as the manufacturer of my other receivers does!
I should add that I'm NOT profiting from this post in any way, and I don't know anyone who is affiliated in any way with SatAV or Visionsat. I simply believe in giving credit where it's due.
Thanks folks! Thanks also to Iceberg, and to all those who took time to report on this receiver before I bought it! I am the proverbial "happy camper", and that's a rare feeling these days! :D

I just bought one very cheap today after reading this blog from front to back. Can't wait to receive it in the mail! Thanks to iceberg and everyone else on this forum for making my purchase a smart, researched one!