Visionsat puzzle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
Not exactly new at this , but this has me befuddled . Dish pointed at 83w to be consistent :confused: . No exterior changes. I took the Visionsat off the shelf . 2 receivers pick it up in it's place fine.[ one at a time ] With no other changes , I put the V [ powered off , of course ] in place of the other 2 receivers with no problem. I did this several times. I can get no signal to the Visionsat , with all the same freq. settings as the other 2 , which both work fine. I got to be missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
Not on the loop-out port . I don't think the LNBF volt is missing. I have a level of 85 but , quality is a perfect zero. I went back to repeat everything , but , no luck.

FaT Air

HOA Free Zone
Feb 27, 2010
97W 48N
L.O improperly programmed? TP freq? Polarity? Switches? I've done all of these, at least once, incorrectly. Ha! probably a dozen times.
What does it do if hooked up as a slave?

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2008
had this happen once. Plug a thumb drive into it. The signal will come in.

Last edited:

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
Tp freq. Correct polarity, no switches. All settings the same as the other 3 receivers put in it's place . It was fine a few months ago , with no trauma in between . Blind scan yielded nil . I will try the thumb drive . I'll play some more , and get back shortly .

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
Just a little more info. So far no luck. By accident , In moving the dish manually , I noticed a quick flash of both bars turning blue , but only quickly in passing near the sat. This happens in both directions , but , will not lock on at all . Only when passing by , yet , when trying it slowly .....nothing at all. This gets more puzzling as time goes by.

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2008
try the thumb drive.

had it happen here. visionsat was locked on 101w fixed for a long time then one day, no signal. after moving the dish, could lock other birds, but never 101. i switched it out with a coolsat and locked 101. but the visionsat back, and nothing. figured it was time to update the firmware, and as soon as the drive was plugged in, BAM, signal.

Strangest thing, since it was only happening on the one bird. Flipped the usb port, and left the USB drive in there. Still works to this day, but no idea why....

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
Did the flash drive thing , but , to no avail . I managed to locate AMC 6 and G28 which are on either side of AMC9 . No issues. Still nothing on AMC9 , except that blur when passing by at a fast scan , not on slow . All 3 other receivers are fine.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 21, 2007
MA
Did the flash drive thing , but , to no avail . I managed to locate AMC 6 and G28 which are on either side of AMC9 . No issues. Still nothing on AMC9 , except that blur when passing by at a fast scan , not on slow . All 3 other receivers are fine.

Did you switch-off STB, unplug power and disconnect LNB cable for about 1hr or so and try again?

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
Yep , tried that too . Kinda curious as to why I get a flash signal when passing the sat. , yet , not on a slow pass. I was hoping to set this one up for my brother . He likes old stuff too.

FaT Air

HOA Free Zone
Feb 27, 2010
97W 48N
Don't know if it will work for that receiver, but on my Pansat3500, I remember having to do this a few times. I deleted all satellite programming for the offending sat. Reboot, (don't remember if I left it off for an hour, but maybe 5 minutes) reprogram, and rescan. Never failed to get the channels back.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
Unable to do that , as the receivers are in different buildings. As soon as I get the microHD , I'll give it a shot. It still exasperates me 'cause both 72 and 91 are no problem . Only 83 will not come up . If all else fails , I may wipe out the unit to scratch , and , start over . [ Or , get a bigger hammer !!!]

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
The problem has been solved. While all the other 3 receivers I had were not an issue , the Visionsat just would not tune it [ 83w ] in . I double checked all cables and connectors. Yesterday , I was testing other LNB's , and POOF it came in , after I switched them . Not sure why , when other receivers got it fine. Maybe it's time to get one of them new SL1PLL LNB's. Thanks to all for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts