Vizio passes Sony in sales and is number 1 in flat screen for 4th quarter

I have a 19" Phillips in my Camper, I found longer mounting bolts and shimmed the back of the TV out using the upper mounting bolts with washers(using rubber stem washers as buffers to prevent scratching) and it helped alot...

Yes, I fiddled with that. Got concerned because by the time it inclined enough to make a difference, I had little faith that it would safely travel down the road that way.

I was budgeting $400-$600 in late April for this. Might have to squeeze that piggy bank a bit more, much to the displeasure of my wife.

I have a 19" Phillips in my Camper, I found longer mounting bolts and shimmed the back of the TV out using the upper mounting bolts with washers(using rubber stem washers as buffers to prevent scratching) and it helped alot...

You beat me to it, Don. I don't see most people actually swiveling those mounts. A longer mounting bolt with spacers, either rubber or nylon will let the set tilt down.

LCDs generally have better viewing angles in the horizontal axis, and I have found better from above than below. I think that is because most consumers place the sets low in the room. If you observe a set that has good low angle brightness, I'd say go with it, and then still try to tilt it down.

Yes, I fiddled with that. Got concerned because by the time it inclined enough to make a difference, I had little faith that it would safely travel down the road that way.

Try using steel channel to create an offset bracket. That would be fairly solid

RV Television replacement

I purchased a 26" Samsung in November to go at the end of the bar ( eating). It is a LN26A450C1D for $525.00 from Amazon, this is a step above the 330 model. At that time the price was $150.00 cheaper than Best or Circuit, minus $47.25 state taxes and a 70 mile round trip to either store. Was delivered by Fed X with free shipping. Have been well pleased. Did have to buy an adapter plate to to mount to my exsisting mount, Samsung has a larger bolt-up pattern for mounting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts