Vizio Passive 3D set

I almost got the 32, but on the day I got it, the price difference was not that great, so I went a little bigger.
As you said, its a great bargain with great bang for the buck.

I needed nothing bigger than 32" because of the space it had to fit, plus I am sitting really close. I really would have been happier with a 27" but when I bought this, nothing was available. Now LG has their's out. Have no regrets getting the 32" and I also love the idea of having Netflix on a channel with it's own button. Only thing I hate is needing to address the gauntlet of popups when 3D signal is up and if I don't answer fast enough it defaults to 2D.

Don, that is my only (current) complaint as well. I would be happy if it had a setting to default to 3D when detected, not asking you with a popup. Speaking of that, you mentioned a gauntlet if them, whereas, I think I only have one, then click OK. Do you have to do more?

todd, i just bought the 32 inch version and i'm quite happy. the 3d is better that i imagined, considering the size of the screen!

I'm switching between 3 different hdmi inputs and that annoying screen pops up all the time. Bad enough my Panasonic BluRay player has one too that I need to say OK so that's two everytime I switch to Blu-Ray.

What's the model number of this Vizio? Is it E3D420VX?
I am thinking of getting this set for the living room.
Does it work well in bright light? Are the built-in speakers any good?
Also, does it support direct streaming in 3D (e.g. VUDU)? Any other 3D streaming source?

Thanks!

Also, does it support direct streaming in 3D (e.g. VUDU)? Any other 3D streaming source?

Thanks!

Do you not have surround sound? If not you are missing half the movie experience.

Do you not have surround sound? If not you are missing half the movie experience.
I have a 1080p front projector in my dedicated home theater. ;)
This would be just a secondary TV set in a living room area - no surround setup there.

I would prefer plasma, but I am concerned about the bright light conditions in the living room.
Also, active shutter glasses give me headache and eye strain. So, I want to give this passive 3D technology a try.
Especially since I am not going to watch too much 3D anyway.

I would have to look, but I believe so. (just googled it, yep, thats it)

I use it outside under my back porch, with no issues, so it should pose a problem inside no matter the lighting conditions.
As far as the speakers. They are adequate, nothing special, but i have heard worse

I streamed 3D with the PS3 to it and had no issues at all.

Overall, like I said earlier, I am pleased with the set, and at that price point it is hard to beat.

I have both their 47 and 65 and have been very please with both sets.Sams has put the 65 for under 1800. I had active before but the passive to me is bettter because of less eye strain.

I have a couple negatives on the Vizio 32"

I don't like how I need to answer the 3D OK? Pop up everytime the tv gets a 3D input.

The 60Hz refresh rate often is cause for jerky motion.

Other than those issues it's a really nice package.

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys app

I have the 42 inch version in the spare bedroom, and Don, I agree about the pop up.

My other, and only gripe, is the sluggishness of the remote response.

Other than that, I love the set.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts