VOD channels

Zman1176

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Just wondering if there is any word on the street to when there may be some more VOD stations available. I'm looking forward to the big 4 so I don't have to add shows to the Season Pass if they are available via the VOD. Also, will the big 4 stations be numbered as the other VOD stations (I'm in the Philly area) like 1003 for CBS, 1006 for ABC and so on or will they be in the 100's or 300's?

Just wondering so I can keep an eye out in the programming guide.

Thanks!

The only response on the big 4 is that D* wants to do it, but no ETA.

I think they are wanting the VOD to be mainstream before they make the investment, you know the big4 are going to charge, and they don't really have carriage agreements like they do with regular networks (the agreements are with the affiliates mostly)

Ive recently switched from TWC to DirecTV and Im very excited that D* has an On Demand offering. One of the features I liked best about TWC's on demand was the music video selections.

I understand that the on demand form from D* is in beta form. Should we expect a much more polished version when its all completed?

I'm not sure we'll see much polish so to speak, the system is pretty stable and been developed for a while now.

What I hope to see is MORE CONTENT - especially the big 4 networks.

There are a few music stations in the ondemand now, FUSE has alot of stuff.

The more the VOD is used, the more we can expect it to gain more emphasis & content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)