Volume One, Show Five

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Welcome to another edition of the Satelliteguys.us Podcast. MasterDeals joins us in the studio this week to discuss the HD DVD format wars. Also, Scott discusses the latest news or lack of news with the two largest satellite companies! All this, plus much more and a few podcast exclusives.

Attachments

• Podcast 110407.mp3
    14.6 MB · Views: 1,500
Welcome to another edition of the Satelliteguys.us Podcast. MasterDeals joins us in the studio this week to discuss the HD DVD format wars. Also, Scott discusses the latest news or lack of news with the two largest satellite companies! All this, plus much more and a few podcast exclusives.

Are you going to post the podcast for us dialup folks? Thanks

Great show guys. Full of good info. Bob. It sounded a lot more clear this time around. Great job.

Is there an RSS feed? I like to have my podcasts download automatically.

One other suggestion. Under the genre, change it from "vocal" to "Podcast" When someone sync's their ipod or zune they can quickly find it under the podcast folder. I noticed alot of the big podcasts use podcast as their genre.

Korsjs this is the RSS Feed http://www.satelliteguys.us/external.php?forumids=157

Also, unfortunatly vocal is the only closest thing to Podcast we can get. The MP3 tag editor doesnt have that option as that was something that I was looking for too. Im able to use that as a genere with garage band, but garage band is way messing with our audio levels so I have ditched it for now, untill I can get apples new OS.

We listened to show #5 today at work. We all own both HD formats.
We collectively disagreed with most everything that was stated regarding both HD-DVD and Blu Ray. If MasterDeals thinks this year is going to be the deciding year for a clear winner in the format war I think he should stop using whatever it is he's dealing; and if Bob thinks Disney is going to release their classic animation movies on HD-DVD anytime soon....well, don't hold your breath waiting. Here's what we learned from todays show:
1) The PS3 accounts for the majority of BD players sold.
2) PS3 owners don't buy BD movies per the polls & surveys taken.
3) HD-DVD movies and players cost less than their BD counterparts.
4) Walmart doesn't carry BD players {Bob}/not true, check online.
5) Walmart carries $15 HD-DVD movies {MasterDeals}/only a few at this price.
6) Most consumers are techno illiterate and shop by price and brand recognition.
7) Scott and Bob may be the same person. (Ok, I was influenced by my workmates who actually believe this...I gotta admit there are some uncanny speech similarities and some unusually awkward pauses in the editing.)

Any second year economics student could punch holes in most of the conclusions made from the above information. I disagree most with #2 as all the PS3 owners I know personally and converse with online own BD movies and subscribe to online rental services. If this was really true, then how to do you account for BD sales keeping up with HD-DVD sales yet the players and movies cost so much more AND the minority of BD adopters own stand alone players?

Still, it was an entertaining show of great satellite provider info, wacky mixed metaphors from Bob, and unusual HD media format predictions.
PS - I'm still reeling from the prior show info that Charlie is a Lib and a Hillary supporter and I'm rather bummed that I'm still locked into a contract with Dish for several more months given their tight lipped marketing campaign.
Cheers,
Ward

7) Scott and Bob may be the same person. (Ok, I was influenced by my workmates who actually believe this...I gotta admit there are some uncanny speech similarities and some unusually awkward pauses in the editing.)
Damn I was wondering how long it would be until someone figured that out. :D

You know great minds think alike :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts