Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I'm getting a second Directivo installed tomorrow. I have Vonage as our phone provider (Voice Over IP phone company). I know that the DTivo will require a phone line for it's initial setup. Has anyone had any luck with getting it to work over vonage without an external modem?

It depends on the box...My first HD Tivo worked on Vonage without a hitch but it had the HDMI problem and when I received my replacement the new box would never dialout on Vonage. I tried every code in the book to no avail. I finally went back to copper. The Tivo Community forum has some excellent threads on this...

I've read some of the tips over there. I'm hoping that since I can successfully fax 99% of the time using the *99 code that I can use that for the DTivo. I guess I will find out tomorrow when this gets hooked up.

Well, the Directv installation guy called at 11:30 and asked if he could go ahead and come by. I had an install time set between 1-5pm. I'm still trying to get our first DTivo to work over the Vonage line. I'm on hold with Vonage. I love the service but their customer service sucks. I was on hold for over an hour last night and it's looking to be the same today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts