Voom 4 Room Install "Very Happy"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim1961

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
North Carolina
Hi All, well i been reading this forum for a while & i took a chance with the install, i had a 4 room install done on Fri.4/2/04...all went well with the install,i live in eastern NC & Structured Wiring Solutions did the install though install's INC.

I worked with a cable company for 2 years & been reading this forum so i new a little bit on how i wanted it ;) I'm getting a 96 signal so it must have the new update,i'm getting all the locals that i was getting with dtv using my outside antenna with a rotor, for some reason i'm getting them even better with the voom stb with less drop out's :)

As far as what i think about Voom, i love it :D it is nice to find so much in HD,i did get the VA VA Voom pack with 0 down & i'm renting the stb's,i want to add Playboy but i need my wife more so i better not do that :no i'm going all out with Voom,cancelled dtv today but will keep the dtv dish in case they get more HD later on.

Well everyone i just thought i would post my Voom install experience & i'm happy to report that it went well for me, now back to vooming,the best HD content found anywhere :yes Keep it up Voom :bounce

Attachments

• DSC03662.JPG
    DSC03662.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC03663.JPG
    DSC03663.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC03664.JPG
    DSC03664.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 236
glad everything went well for you and welcome to life in high definition.I live in wilmington,n.c. and peter with structured wiring solutions did my install also.well got to go for now>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DIGITAL~DAN

Welcome aboard Jim.

Hey, why bother with the stealth antenna when you already have that big one?

DIGITAL~DAN said:
glad everything went well for you and welcome to life in high definition.I live in wilmington,n.c. and peter with structured wiring solutions did my install also.well got to go for now>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DIGITAL~DAN

Hi Dan,just wondering what local's you are getting,WRAL Ch. 5.1 CBS & WYDO FOX Ch.21 does not show up on the local's on my STB's, i do get WNCT CBS Ch.9.1,WCTI ABC Ch.12.1 & WITN NBC Ch.7.1 ,but i would love to get the other two WRAL & WYDO, alot of the Nascar Racing comes on the WYDO FOX Ch.21 which i would like to see...must be a mapping problem,i have allready called Voom but still nothing so far :no

Hey I had the same results with OTA that you did. For some reason the VOOM box keeps them coming in steady, while I got frequent drop outs on a couple of stations with the D* stb.

GeneWildershair said:
Hey I had the same results with OTA that you did. For some reason the VOOM box keeps them coming in steady, while I got frequent drop outs on a couple of stations with the D* stb.

Hi Gene, yes the OTA is alot better with the voom stb than my D* was as far as drop out's, "nice & steady with voom" now if i can just get my local WYDO fox Ch. 21 i will be even more happy..lol...but even with D* i could not get my local fox Ch. so it might be that my local fox is not yet in DT,i have checked on the AntennaWeb.org web site & it sure say's it's DT so i will keep working on it.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts