VOOM advertising on NBC National News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Haven't seen it yet but I'll look out for it...With respect to Sears, I don't think anything can top that as a complete waste of money. I personally believe that Voom would have a higher success rate if they advertised in McDonald's than at Sears.

I am hoping that Voom does something huge with advertising, like the Superbowl...That would certainly get the word out. Plus, since the Superbowl is broadcast in OTA HD, they can finally showcase a Voom commercial in HD. Superbowl advertising would certainly get the word out on Voom. Yeah, it would be super expensive but the exposure would be priceless.

riffjim4069 said:
I just need to clarify that it's nothing personnal against the sales men & women at Sears who often do a fine job...just Sears leadership as a hole (and I didn't mean whole!).
Indeed, nothing against Sears workers. But Sears just doesn't convey a "premium" image, and Voom should be targeting a premium audience with our premium TVs. Sears just doesn't seem like the place. Crutchfield is a better fit, but still charges for a new "install kit."

Anybody know why Voom doesn't sell at the big electronics stores? Too much $$$ for floor space?

who_the said:
Indeed, nothing against Sears workers. But Sears just doesn't convey a "premium" image, and Voom should be targeting a premium audience with our premium TVs. Sears just doesn't seem like the place. Crutchfield is a better fit, but still charges for a new "install kit."

Anybody know why Voom doesn't sell at the big electronics stores? Too much $$$ for floor space?
I think the point is there must be a place to see Voom first hand. You just cant do that online or in a magazine. Its a problem Voom has yet to solve. They can advertise in every magazine and every online retailer but if they cant get thier product into a demo type situation where HD sets are flying off the shelves then all the ads in the world may not help. In the end it boils down to one thing, will people order this service without seeing it first? You have to realize that many many people are coming to satellite from cable which is like taking a RG6 pacifier out of the mouth of a baby. They are used to being "taken care of" by their provider like newly hatched birds in a nest and are much more likely to jump out of their nest and fly with a provider they can see first.