Voom..Are you still happy it's gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am mad at Dish for getting rid of the channels. But I am more mad at Rainbow Media for not letting Dish keep the 5. I wonder what their plan is because they need to figure something out or it will fail. I was a monstershd fan and its obviously one of the top channels, they should drop the rest and try to market this channel like a Chiller and make it available to everyone.

The people who do not like Voom and are were paying 10 dollars more, well at least you had the option to opt out if you did not like Voom. I did not ,they just took them. You say they were useless to you ..fine do not subcribe. You have to realize we did not that that option, I was willing to pay, why besmirch my taste?? Your taste is not Law,please remember that. "I am Glad is gone" is fine for you, you were paying the Ten Buck for "useless" channels was a choice you made in the first place. As for Me I would at least like to be provided the choice.

Its not that simple. VOOM was consuming resources that I would rather be put to use elsewhere. I am OVERJOYED VOOM is pulled because it allows us to move on to the next idea in HD.

I am not mad they are gone, but it still feels like my All HD programming list is missing important stuff. Add to it, difficulty getting used to all these "cable channels" as I would call them, that are now HD but offer so little actual HD. :(

I do miss Equator.

Its not that simple. VOOM was consuming resources that I would rather be put to use elsewhere. I am OVERJOYED VOOM is pulled because it allows us to move on to the next idea in HD.

What 15 HD channels exist that you'd like to see put in place of Voom? They have to exist now, and they have to carry the majority of their programming in HD. I bet you can't name them.

Are you enjoying the 15 channels that they put in place of the Voom channels? O wait they havent added any yet.

The Next Idea? All that bandwidth has been sitting empty for a month now and will continue to do so until they can use it all up for more HD Locals.

Overjoyed? :rolleyes:

What 15 HD channels exist that you'd like to see put in place of Voom? They have to exist now, and they have to carry the majority of their programming in HD. I bet you can't name them.

I do not know exactly how many there are, but there are a lot more Premium HD channels available than what Dish currently offers. I think Starz has 7 and HBO and 5; plus all the premiums are quickly converting to HD soon anyway.

They could add more 24/7 HD, commercial free, 5.1 DD channels.

I also hate to mention, but the other Rainbow Media channels also include IFC, AMC, and Sundance; of which I believe 2 are HD commercial free movie channels.

I do not know exactly how many there are, but there are a lot more Premium HD channels available than what Dish currently offers. I think Starz has 7 and HBO and 5; plus all the premiums are quickly converting to HD soon anyway.

They could add more 24/7 HD, commercial free, 5.1 DD channels.

EXCEPT, what was once HD, OAR, 24/7, commercial free was also part of my package. Premiums don't replace that. I would have to pay MORE if they added premiums instead.

That space is going to be used for HD Locals anyway.

I could care less that VOOM is gone. I have only one 722 in our house. Many other TVs get watched, just as much, or more, as that one. So, I took that extra $10 from downgrading my HD package and went from 200 to 250, and got the .01 Max deal, and have way more channels I can watch all over the house.

Nice to be able to have Encore and Cinemax channels, etc, in bed;)

And, I see lots of shows on Chiller and Sleuth that interest me. I grew up watching things like Kolchak: The Night Stalker. Also liked Millenium for spell. I've seen good shows and movies on both channels.

Much better without VOOM IMHO

I could care less that VOOM is gone. I have only one 722 in our house. Many other TVs get watched, just as much, or more, as that one. So, I took that extra $10 from downgrading my HD package and went from 200 to 250, and got the .01 Max deal, and have way more channels I can watch all over the house.

Nice to be able to have Encore and Cinemax channels, etc, in bed;)

And, I see lots of shows on Chiller and Sleuth that interest me. I grew up watching things like Kolchak: The Night Stalker. Also liked Millenium for spell. I've seen good shows and movies on both channels.

Much better without VOOM IMHO

I don't see what that has to do with Voom. You could have changed your programming to that package at any time. The rest of us losing something we enjoyed has nothing to do with that.

I was never a Voom fan, but I miss Monsters HD. Other than that, I wouldn't have even noticed that the other channels were gone.

I think most of us are mad about losing MonstersHD. I know thats the one I am mad about the most. I think that I would hope Rainbow would try to market this channel to everyone like they have with IFC.

I'm not missing anything. I just wish they would swith the Voom uplinks to something else and put the non-HD upconverts up. FX, Nickelodeon, etc. I'm on the HD only pack. I don't think I ever watched anything on Voom for more than a few minutes and that was usually just to show someone how good HD could look, then it got switched to a program I actually enjoyed.

I miss Ultra HD, Rave, Equator, and many of the other Voom channels!

I hope Voom wins the lawsuit! especially when dish clearly manipulates the truth. They claim to be the leaders in HD, they claim to have added 22 new HD bringing their total to 80 HD. That is all false marketing hype twisting the truth. There are only 7 new channels as they fail to mention they removed the 15 Voom HD. Most of their HD lineup is up converted and not true HD. Their picture quality has gone down. Here are a couple examples of the new channels, the weather channel and the cartoon network; come on dish whom even cares about those and there is no real difference in seeing those in HD?

They never marketed Voom and have lost a unique set of channels. dish is over priced and provides weak service, I'm going to cancel dish next month and go to Directv! and I save enough to upgrade to a new $600 bluray player and could buy 1-2 movies a month for less than what dish is ripping me off with now that Voom is gone! Why stay with such a crappy company that treats its premium clients like crap?

I am OVERJOYED VOOM is pulled because it allows us to move on to the next idea in HD.

I disagree with this person.

I am more mad at Rainbow Media for not letting Dish keep the 5.

I like MonstersHD but it was not my favorite Voom channel. It would be okay to keep. Of the 5 that were left after they pulled 10 not sure if Rave was one of them they left but it would have been okay. Certainly would have kept Filmfest, Voom HD Movies, Gallery, and Ultra which were not part of the 5. I do not know if Equator was part of the 5 they left but it would have been okay to keep. Therefore the 5 they chose would not have satisfied me. It sucks that they got rid of any. I guess 5 I would not have chosen are better than none. Does anyone know if any of the Voom networks are still carried on any of the Canadian satellite services? That might be my only hope.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts