Voom Box is DEAD and no OTA

Voom3814 said:
:mad: Plug was pulled on my "region" today.
CSR said they are starting early.

Talked about premature...I got my April 30th letter today.

that's all, i'm done.

where are you at?

t, I think Voom3814 and I are in the same region (Northern CA, Sacramento area from a different post by Voom3814), but I'm still getting service.

Voom3814- did you call Voom and cancel earlier? From what it looks like from other posts they do seem to be shutting off the authorization for those.

Important!!!

If you called in earlier and said that you wanted to disconnect but did not stipulate that you wanted service until the end of the month, then you may be disconnected starting today. Please call in asap and have notes put on your account that you do not want to be disconnected until the end of the month if you want service to continue. This is the first day that this took effect and there have been some mistakes made that are being addressed. If you got disconnected prematurely then call back in and request an escalation to Corporate level to be turned back on. It's worth a shot
For those of you that called in and stated that you lost signal and were told that you would not be billed past that day, guess what, you may be on that list. If you regained your signal and want to keep service then you had better call in and let voom know, because a di work order has probably already been created and you may be next.
Voom is not shutting down service by area. The first that are going to be hit are the people that said they wanted to disconnect and the people that are already selected for non-payment.

Please call in and have CSRs make notes on your accounts!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope they are not deactivating these STBs indiscriminately.

They should have the decency to leave STBs that were purchased by subscribers active.

Voom3814 said:
:mad: Plug was pulled on my "region" today.
CSR said they are starting early.

Talked about premature...I got my April 30th letter today.

that's all, i'm done.

How long ago did you get the bill for Voom service from 4-01 to 4-30 ? If you did not pay the bill then you do not get to view. Simple business decision on Voom's part to not let non paying customers ride for free.

Dont get it

My box was deauthorized a couple of months ago because they didnt get a payment but I was still able to watch the OTA channels. If I changed the channels too much I would get the Voom not authorized response but for the most part my OTA channels came in fine. I just had to turn the box off then on again to get the OTA back.

So what's the deal with the billing? I received a bill last week for Apr. 7 - May 7. Since I won't be getting service in May, I will not need to pay the full amount. But will they be sending one last pro-rated bill to everyone? or are they expecting us to pay the most recent one sent? I don't want my service shutdown before April 30th because their letter said there was no further action required by me. :confused:

I got my bill about 10 days ago for the period of April 2 through May 2. I paid the full charge, knowing that they were going to shut off the signal at the end of April. I would expect that they will send a refund of the unused portion of this charge, but I'm not going to sweat 2 days worth of programming.

It will be a different story if my service gets shut off early, as some people are reporting. The letter tells customers to arrange for another provider, but that the service will shut down on April 30th. Early termination by Voom for customers that have paid to continue service through the end of the month would make a lot of people mad, and I'm one of them.

I think on the 29th I'm going up on the roof to point the dish away from 61 degrees. Then the box will get no signal and think it's merely an alignment problem. And hopefully that'll be that!

I'm not home so I can't try this but what about pulling the access card out? Will the box still receive OTA without the card?

deeann,

I am also in NorCal/Sac area and still had picture this AM. Have you decided on a new provider? Comcast, E* or D*? I had E* awhile back and the PQ was really bad, but that may have changed as it was a few years ago. I also tried Comcast recently and could not believe they even called it HD. Just wondering what others will do.

lostcause said:
I'm not home so I can't try this but what about pulling the access card out? Will the box still receive OTA without the card?
No. I tried that and the box boots up with an access card error message, and you can't do anything else from there.

RocketRay said:
I think on the 29th I'm going up on the roof to point the dish away from 61 degrees. Then the box will get no signal and think it's merely an alignment problem. And hopefully that'll be that!
Why not just un-hook the LNB from the switch or diplexor?

My recievers are leased and I plan on un-plugging the two that aren't connected to hi-def sets on the 28th or so in hope that they don't get around to collecting the recievers.

If they do collect them, such is life. I'm not out any money either way and I got to see the HD the way it should be for a few months at least.

All three of mine still work as of this morning (Phx, AZ and I mailed a check to 'em on the 7th)

Shawn

If Jimmy Dolan comes out of my TV set I'm going to beat him over the head with an igneous rock, and dragging him to my two friends house who joined Voom the last 4-6 weeks and are calling me constantly with "WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" messages.

Dvlos said:
If Jimmy Dolan comes out of my TV set I'm going to beat him over the head with an igneous rock, and dragging him to my two friends house who joined Voom the last 4-6 weeks and are calling me constantly with "WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" messages.

My step-father is doing the same, like it is my fault because I recommended the service to him.

bruce said:
My step-father is doing the same, like it is my fault because I recommended the service to him.

My very best friend was scheduled to get Voom on 16th - of course he didn't get it... it was sooo close... :(
It'd have been my first referral install for a free month... he's pissed now, even thouh mostly about the fact that "it's already there, it's working, why nobody's there to invest into it?"
PS: by the way he has DirecTV, so I can understand why he's so pissed (he hates them).:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts