Voom Box is DEAD and no OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
By the way I still have OTA box so its no big deal and if I wouldn't have posted this info, would a lot of people have gotten the same kill hit without knowing? My post might have save some boxs .

Very true indeed, no flame intended :)

Children, settle down!! Am I going to have to call Nanny 911? :D

See Nanny 911 in HDTV, Monday's at 8pm on
fox_30.jpg

deeann said:
I'm going back to SureWest (SD, possible HD this summer) and waiting and seeing. If it doesn't work out I'll probably be back at Comcast (I've lost count at whcih time this will be). Comcast HD should have really looked good (it's sent uncompressed- the problem I had with them was dropouts), but they also might not have had the STB configured properly for your tv/display.

I have carried Surewest for a few years now, so I still have a SD alternative. Maybe I will have to take a look at someones Comcast HD and see how it looks. I have a Pioneer Elite 50" plasma, recently ISF calibrated, and it really looked more like Voom SD than a HD signal. Could have been a bad box I guess.

I just called to have my service disconnected was told that I have already been disconnected. I never disconnected Time Warner since I had a work order on two of my boxes that were never replaced, so I haven't been watching Voom on the one that works. So much for you having until Apr. 30th to find another service provider if you need the time to make a decision.

edit- Forgot to add that I my Voom box has been disconnected from satellite for a over a week so I'll see if the OTA still works.

Personally, I do not understand why some are taking exception to what Mtnmanco posted. When I read his original post in this thread (post #42), I thought that what he said was sensible. I didn't see where he said anything that justified the childish responses that were posted.

Tony S said:
Personally, I do not understand why some are taking exception to what Mtnmanco posted. When I read his original post in this thread (post #42), I thought that what he said was sensible. I didn't see where he said anything that justified the childish responses that were posted.

Go to his profile and click on all posts by Mtnmanco. You will quickly ascertain this person is a troll with not much positive to contribute . How many ORIGINAL thoughts has this guy had? Meaning how many threads has he started? NONE. He chooses to get his jollies by slamming Voom's efforts to change the DBS industry. So Voom is going out of business. So what. I accept that fact.

I never liked the idea of the Catholic Church having a "Pope" as the leader of the church. But I don't around and crap on his reputation and ask people "well.. what do you think of your dead Pope now?"

I realize the Pope is not the best example to use but Voom is like a religious experience to some of us and we do get defensive when someone attacks it's leader's integrity.

Dallasvoomer said:
I hope my service works after May 1. I just got my service 3 weeks ago. Voom Rocks!

Did you receive your lettter from Voom that it will cease service to existing customers on April 30, 2005???

Fine - I canceled mine a few days ago, to be terminated at the end of my billing cycle... my voom is still working now.....

-jbl

jimmykce1 said:
Did you receive your lettter from Voom that it will cease service to existing customers on April 30, 2005???
Yep, I got it two weeks after they installed it. My wife called customer services and asked why they even signed us up. We got sick of DTV's few channels and the OTA digital was never set up right by the installer. Right now the Douche network is scheduled to come out again after a two-half year hiatus.

Hmmm...we've only heard from a couple of people who claim to be shut off prematurely by VoOm.
Any others??? Maybe these were just errors on one end or the other.
If boxes start going down and we know that they are killing them prematurely, I will not be happy. I was planning on staying at the party til the end!

Maybe I've missed it, but I didn't see where anyone got shut off prematurely? One person ASKED to be terminated, due to bad advice from a CSR (imagine THAT!).

Lob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)