Voom Channels are on Dish!

I had the same experience as mike_johnson. First CSR had an Indian accent, and gave me a number to call. It was an 806 (Texas) area code, and when I tried calling it, discovered it was a disconnected number. Second try I got a pleasant woman with an American accent, that had the channels up in no time. Been spending the last hour checking them out!

Attention: Those of us that had paid for the HD Pack annually will be required to convert to monthly (any outstanding balance is credited to your account) and there is no way to cash in on the half-price deal (at least I wasn't able to). The CSR made sure I had access to 61.5 and just two minutes later, I be Voomin, too!

RoboCop 3? It's been a long time since I've this old piece of camp...

Edit: After reading some of the previous posts, it seems I lucked out with CSR roulette. The first time I called, I got 'er done. Good Luck, everyone!

Also, I hope this shows Charlie and Co. how much pent up demand there is for HD programming. Maybe some more Voom, and how about UniversalHD next, hmmm?

OK - here's the skinny:

1) Verify that you can see the additonal channels (will be in RED).
2) Some CSRs think that only former VOOM customers can get the channels, so if they ask you if you are a former VOOM customer, say YES! Expect this if your are talking to Dish India.
3) There is an additonal $5 charge added to the HD package - such a deal!
4) Reboot your reciever

ENJOY HDTV! WOOHOO :D

Newbie question: I've got a 6000, SW64, and currently am pointed at 119, 110, and 148. Obviously, I can't see the new channels. Can one of my existing dishes be re-pointed at 61.5, or do I have to (a) call for a new dish, or (b) wait for the channels to be carried on 148? BTW, I'm in Sacramento.

Just signed up. Wait time was 12 minutes, process took about 60-90 seconds. When I said we wanted to add Voom he said, "Of course, yes we can add that for you. How many dishs do you have". That was it. Took about 3 minutes to start receiving channels.

Channel List:
9470: Rave HD
9471: Equator HD
9472: Gallery HD
9474: Animania HD
9476: Rush HD
9478: Ultra HD
9479: Guy TV HD
9480: Majestic HD
9481: Monsters HD
9482: HD News

gadams said:
Newbie question: I've got a 6000, SW64, and currently am pointed at 119, 110, and 148. Obviously, I can't see the new channels. Can one of my existing dishes be re-pointed at 61.5, or do I have to (a) call for a new dish, or (b) wait for the channels to be carried on 148? BTW, I'm in Sacramento.

As long as you have LOS to 61.5 you could repoint the 148....

Yep was easy as pie for me as well, am now enjoying 10 new HD channels and they look niceeeee. :yes

Another nice thing is I dont have to pay for the standard HD pack untill June. :cool:

I got the channels added, and I can see them in the guide. However, I cannot tune to them. For some reason, Im not seeing any of the odd transponders. I cant even select the odd transponders in the check switch screen.

Ive got a DP+44 and a DishPro single on my 61.5 dish. Ive tried a check switch and that doesnt seem to help. Any ideas?

DWS44 said:
I dont suppose any specials to get a second dish for 61.5 for less than $100 popped up, have they?

Nope. I just got off of the phone and the $100 charge is "the best" I could get. :mad: :(

Called Twice, No Dice

I've gotten a domestic and a foreign CSR, and no luck with either. The domestic said it was only for previous VOOM subs, and the foreign said it's not available for anyone today, but try back in a week.

Maybe not a week, but I will try back this afternoon.

I spoke with a supervisor and he told me that no "first-level" CSRs can add the Voom package. You must speak with a supervisor because they want to ensure you have the proper equipment to pick it up. He also said that at this time, they are really only marketing this package to new subs.

Call back... It is strange that I was able to do it without problems. Make sure you get someone in programming through the voice menu.

hi
I have them in red and called the dish CSR to be told that existing Dish customers were not eligible for the new channels at this time. Only new customers would be allowed to view them. this was the 800 333 dish #. I am now on hold on the 800 Wow HDTV #.

ride525 said:
I wonder what percentage of Dish Customers actually have the 61.5 Dish and can take advantage of the 10 VOOM channels, if they want to spend the extra $5.

I've had the America's 180 Package for about four years, and the HD package when it first came out. But I only have Dish 500 for the 110 and 119 satellite.
Yeah Dish is got to be kidding me. I have been with Dish for 5+ years, and deal with 921 issues after issues I get ready to dump them then they dangle this carrot. Now I find out I can;t even get these 10 channels becasue I don't get 61.5! I call and they are clueless! Charlie has his head so far up his butt it is not even funny! And the constantly degrading PQ on the standard channels is crazy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts