Voom Channels are on Dish!

called the 800 wow hdtv #. They originally signed me up for the standard HD pack which I have had since day one. Anyways, once I said I wanted the new HD channels I was told "oh you mean the new Voom pack" and was somewhat promptly activated. :)

Happy viewing!!

Gregg

StevenD - do you see the programming yet? Your situation sounded just like mine. I finally started seeing programming if I use the up/down arrow. Now the select button is working. Give that a try.

HOw do I tell if I can get 61.5? When I got into my setup screen I get green on 110 and 119 but not on 61.5. When I put a check mark next to it I get the same signal strength as 119 but it won't turn green. Any thoughts?

bpasker said:
HOw do I tell if I can get 61.5? When I got into my setup screen I get green on 110 and 119 but not on 61.5. When I put a check mark next to it I get the same signal strength as 119 but it won't turn green. Any thoughts?

Running a check switch will usually list all switches & dishes you have.

Ok here is my story. I just called 333-DISH, on hold for 15 min, talked to csr for a while then was told to call WOW-HDTV because he couldnt sign me up for those 10 channels. So I called WOW and got through right away to a very heavy accent guy who told me that that number only signed up NEW SUBS so he transfered me back to 333-DISH. Again on hold for maybe 5 min this time and got a female csr who told me that it would be $100 for a 61.5 dish and that it would be mine to own. But then she told me that the 10 voom channels would be an additional $14.99/mo. I said ummm, no, what happend to the $5/mo for them? After a long pause she told me to hold and came back on and said "sir you are correct." DUH. LOL.

Anyway, after all that I have my new 61.5 dish install coming this thursday between 12-5pm and a CBS-HD waiver in the process seeing that I will now have that dish installed.

That female csr also told me that most, if not all, hd that will be added in the future will be on the 61.5 sat. And that more will be added slowly over the weeks to come. (which I will believe when I see).

Now I just wait to see the new HD on thursday! Hopefully all goes well!

StevenD - After trying the odd transponders with no luck just like you, I finally landed on transponder 6. Let that sit for a few minutes and then first try navigating with the up/down arrows. Not sure why that worked for me, but eventually it did.

kluken said:
Yeah Dish is got to be kidding me. I have been with Dish for 5+ years, and deal with 921 issues after issues I get ready to dump them then they dangle this carrot. Now I find out I can;t even get these 10 channels becasue I don't get 61.5! I call and they are clueless! Charlie has his head so far up his butt it is not even funny! And the constantly degrading PQ on the standard channels is crazy!
I'm one of the biggest E* bashers around (because of their lousy DVR software), and I must disagree with you.

If you had any idea how this stuff works, you would know that 61.5 was the only way to git-r-done right now.

Yes, the CSRs are generally clueless - and that's a problem, but it applies to D* and cable, too.

I have to say that for once they've done the RIGHT thing, and it looks like more good stuff is coming.

The only gripe I've got is tunaboy has been saying NO new HD until MPEG-4, and now this. Why does he think he has to lie to us?

He probably didn't know for sure then. My gripe is I just went out and bought an HDTV for the first time, I have a 721 and not having a DVR is out of the question. I am waiting for the lease deal for existing subs, I am sick of all these Voomers that have been getting HD for all this time getting the hardware that us patient Dish subs should be getting. When will we get the lease deal for the 942? I have got to have this. I am starting to get mad!!

2extreme said:
Ok here is my story. I just called 333-DISH, on hold for 15 min, talked to csr for a while then was told to call WOW-HDTV because he couldnt sign me up for those 10 channels. So I called WOW and got through right away to a very heavy accent guy who told me that that number only signed up NEW SUBS so he transfered me back to 333-DISH. Again on hold for maybe 5 min this time and got a female csr who told me that it would be $100 for a 61.5 dish and that it would be mine to own. But then she told me that the 10 voom channels would be an additional $14.99/mo. I said ummm, no, what happend to the $5/mo for them? After a long pause she told me to hold and came back on and said "sir you are correct." DUH. LOL.

Anyway, after all that I have my new 61.5 dish install coming this thursday between 12-5pm and a CBS-HD waiver in the process seeing that I will now have that dish installed.

That female csr also told me that most, if not all, hd that will be added in the future will be on the 61.5 sat. And that more will be added slowly over the weeks to come. (which I will believe when I see).

Now I just wait to see the new HD on thursday! Hopefully all goes well!

Are they making you cough up the $100 up front or will they put it on your bill??

when will 148 mirror happen?

I've got 2 dishes now (one at 148 for secondary locals, univsion and others that I cannot lose because of wife :eek: ).

I do not have 61.5 and to get it I would either have to lose the 148 and repoint ($99) or add a third dish and a DP44 which costs ($300 -- $99 +$199).

So, anybody have any reasoned guess as to when(if) "soon" is on the 148 mirror?

Took me 3 tries to get this done. At the regular number they kept telling me it wasn't available for current subs right now, "Call back in a week." I kept insisting that some current subs were getting it. Finally called the other number and after 20 minutes and getting put on hold several times, finally was able to get it accomplished. They did ask that I go to monthly billing on the HD package (I had paid been paying annually). Now enjoying the new channels!

SimpleSimon said:
The only gripe I've got is tunaboy has been saying NO new HD until MPEG-4, and now this. Why does he think he has to lie to us?

I don't think he planned this 'cause he did not forsee Voom folding their cards so quickly. It was a sad thing to watch my voom shut off at 12:01 this am. :(

I called and got mine this morning also. I think I was on the phone for 5 minutes and had the channels. Fasted and smartest CSR that I have every talked to. I am an existing customer.

Yup! Got mine today too! Had to go off annual on the HD too. The VOOM channels look good - I really like RAVE. The CSR was adequate, but not the best ever. I am an existing customer in the Washington, DC area who got their 61.5 dish free last winter under a promotion (HD, etc.) Dish was running. One happy camper here!

da Doug

I'm in Southern Ca and have tried a couple of times but getting the same response of 61.5 can't be seen from west coast.
I told them a couple of friends had Voom and it was low on the horizon but their was a clear LOS. They put me on hold for a few minutes and can back again and said n/a.
Any suggestions, if I order free dish they offer for 148 additional locals & reposition to 61.5 will they activate the voom channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts