Voom Channels are on Dish!

Other than having to call three times to get a CSR (the first two times I was cut off while on hold), this was the fastest transaction I ever had with Dish. I said I wanted the Voom channels. The CSR asked if I had a 61.5 dish and I said yes. She said it would cost $5, I said OK, and she thanked me for calling Dish. The whole transaction took less than a minute. I walked into the living room and all the channels were on. I have been watching Rave, other than a few minor audio glitches, it looks and sounds great.

MLDC said:
I'm in Southern Ca and have tried a couple of times but getting the same response of 61.5 can't be seen from west coast.
I told them a couple of friends had Voom and it was low on the horizon but their was a clear LOS. They put me on hold for a few minutes and can back again and said n/a.
Any suggestions, if I order free dish they offer for 148 additional locals & reposition to 61.5 will they activate the voom channels

I live in San Diego and have a pretty good sized hill towards the east of my home and I'm able to get signal from Rainbow 1. It's about 20 degress above the horizon.

T JMIKEF.When the CSR asked you if you were a former Voom customer and you said Yes did he ask you anything else after that about voom? Like what was your account number or anything else.How did the whole process go as far as the voom questions go?

T JMIKEF.When the CSR asked you if you were a former Voom customer and you said Yes did he ask you anything else after that about voom? Like what was your account number or anything else.How did the whole process go as far as the voom questions go?

netminder32 said:

Has anyone heard if, or when, they Voom channels will be mirrored on 148?

If you know what E* means by, "it may be soon," then there is your answer. But the question remains, is it really going to be mirrored to 148?

MLDC said:
I'm in Southern Ca and have tried a couple of times but getting the same response of 61.5 can't be seen from west coast.

i am in oxnard, ca and had a second dish installed today fro cbs-hd... the original order was for a 148 point as it would give me west coast cbs, but after reading, being unsure, etc.... i asked the installer to point at 61.5 so i could get some of my voom back.... works like a charm from here, although i am not so sure i am happy with an east coast feed of cbs.... but it seemed like a decent trade off at the time.

No problem getting them - maybe 8 minutes on phone. For some reason PQ wasn't that good at first but had to reboot the 811 and now they look great.

Side question: Anyone know why some of the epg program information is inncorrect? Like wrong movies and time listings. I think Magestic and GUYTV been mixed up most of the day.

No probs getting hooked up, Besded the guide issue, the only thing I noticed was that the overscan on the NEWS hwas heavily overscanned, Chopped about 2 inches of the top and some off the bottom of the picture.

I called about 7:40 central time Sunday morning and got disconnected while on 5 minute hold.I called back and was on 4 minute hold for about 3 minutes then got a very good CSR. She said wasn't on her computer yet but soon came up.She ask about dish pointing at 61.5 and I said yes,explained the cost and that my bill would now be 138.00 per month. Channels were on before I hungup.

I have got to cut back somewhere,tv is getting to expensive.

Kevinw said:
No probs getting hooked up, Besded the guide issue, the only thing I noticed was that the overscan on the NEWS hwas heavily overscanned, Chopped about 2 inches of the top and some off the bottom of the picture.

Yea, I too have the the overscan. Didn't notice it at first because I thought it was part of the normal black bars for an OAR movie but you can really see it on the news. I'll have to try the "adjust" arrows in the 811s' HD Setup.

For those of you who are having problems with getting the Voom channels added, I make the following recommendation:

Call the tech support line and not the subscription line. The tech I just spoke with seemed to really know his stuff and managed to get me subscribed to the voom package, scheduled for a second dish install this week at a time convenient to me, get me qualified for the CBS HD Channel and managed to get the $100 fee for the second dish billed to my account rather than me having to slap down the credit card immediately. Maybe I just got lucky, but this was a pretty flawless experience.

Also, this tech mentioned that the chances of the voom channels moving from 61.5 to 148 anytime soon are at about slim to none. Apparently, the FCC is making Dish offer new dishes to all new customers that will pick up all the available satellites.. some sort of forced consolodation that they have a 15 month timetable on. I fully expect for them to take the entire 15 months to comply...

My 811 is still on 284 and almost daily has to be rebooted to get the guide to work. I am willing to upgrade to these new channels but they all sound pretty lame to me. GuyTv? What is that, some gay dating service? And Monster TV and some of the others sound no more appealing.
Someone that has the channels now, give me a reason to take this $5/mo. plunge.

acoldstarnolds said:
. GuyTv? What is that, some gay dating service?
No, that was DivineHD. ;)
Hey, until you try them you'll never know. Do you always judge a book by it's cover?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts