Voom Channels are on Dish!

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I signed up at around 12:30 am this morning, installed my sw21, did a check switch and no Voom10 yet. I am seeing the demo channel but no Voom10. I just got off the phone with a CSR and their system is down so they can't check my account. They said the channels should be up now.

It's 1:23 am and I just got off the phone with Dish and they have no clue as to when they will be active. I am going to bed now and hope they are alive when I wake up. Good night all, what a long, strange trip it's been.

here's a cap of Equator on Dish!

Attachments

• voom.jpg
    voom.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 498
I have them! I had me EPG on All Subbed and when I switched to All Channels, they showed up, WOOHOO! I be Voomin again. Cool!

All the Voom10 are DD 5.1, way to go Dish for not mucking up this very important feature. :D

If anyone has a 6000 and is outputting 720p to a 720p display, could you check RaveHD? When I output 720p there is a wierd ghosting on the image. When I output 1080i and let the display convert, the image is fine. Just seeing if anyone else notices this!

It's exactly the same as where they were before except now being visable to dish equipment.

And DarrellP, your favorite, more bandwidth!!

6 channels are 3TP each
and 4 other channels are 2TP each.

I dunno if they're still at 1440, but if they're getting this much BW they should go up to 1920

BFG said:
It's exactly the same as where they were before except now being visable to dish equipment.

And DarrellP, your favorite, more bandwidth!!

6 channels are 3TP each
and 4 other channels are 2TP each.

I dunno if they're still at 1440, but if they're getting this much BW they should go up to 1920

Ahh ha! Interesting that 6 channels have funky video at 720p on the 6000 and 4 come in fine. Probably some fine tuning they have to do with the transponders/encodings.

I just purchased them too. First I saw them appear on the guide about ten minutes ago and then I called Dish. It took him a minute to turn them on.

I have my 6000 set at 1080i to a 720p pj and they look fine. I never use 720p on my stb as 1080i downconverted by my pj seems to look better.

is anyone getting the new channels on 148?

because if no one is and we have no chance of getting them even though we pay the same as the east coast people fot the hd package i think dish has just told us they dont need us as subscribers but where are we supposed to go?

god i hope an HD company starts up on the west coast.

richmert said:

because if no one is and we have no chance of getting them even though we pay the same as the east coast people fot the hd package i think dish has just told us they dont need us as subscribers but where are we supposed to go?

Try to be a little patient and wait for the mirror. Voom wasn't built in a day and neither will Voom on Dish.

Made the phone call and asked for them. She put me on hold for a minute, came back and said that since I already have a 61.5 dish, that it'll be an extra $5. They were in my guide before I hung up the phone!

richmert said:

yeah you pay the same as the east coast people for the hd package, but you are not paying the extra 5 dollars for the voom package. voom channels are separate from the hd package.

Its 6:15am ET and a short time ago I called Dish Network and was told by a CSR that the 10 VOOM channels would not be available to existing Dish Network customers right away, does anyone know something different.

that is what they told me also, but after i insisted over and over, she talked to her super and realized her computer was having trouble...i was eligible.

my question is i am in central oregon and she said she would have someone come out on tuesday to hook up the dish at 61.5 and then i asked if i would be able to get cbs hd also now, and after checking she said yes, but it would be spotty in my area. then i asked if the voom channels would also be spotty? she said no, that they were on 61.5 and cbs hd was on 148 but that the dish they would install would see both birds, but that the voom channels would be fine...this doesn't sound correct. any help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)