Voom Channels in USVI

Inside

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Can anyone tell me how well they receive the Voom Channels from 61.5 in St. Thomas and St. Croix.

If anyone is receiving them grateful if they would post dish size and signal strengths on the Rainbow 1 (odd transponders).

Would also be interested to hear if anyone is getting them in St. Martin, St. Kitts or Antigua.

I just returned from St. Croix. I saw no 61.5 oriented dishes anywhere. :(

It would be a nice setup there with probably zero chance of rain fade.

And anything to replace their cable tv service, which is absolutely horrendous as you probably know.

I just returned from St. Croix. I saw no 61.5 oriented dishes anywhere. :(

It would be a nice setup there with probably zero chance of rain fade.

And anything to replace their cable tv service, which is absolutely horrendous as you probably know.

Believe me the rain fade will be there because that sat is oriented to the CONUS and it is a medium powered bird. A six footer is more than enough to get the satellite, I even have a couple of customer with 5 footers, and I live in PR. Is not that you can't get those channels, it is the facty that Dish just don't want to activate those channel for us, because "We can't lock that sat location in PR" so they stated. I had that location to get CBS-HD for years, and when they "acquired" the R1 I added the firts VOOM package(Mpeg2). Then I bought a VIP-622 and my problem started trying to activate the HD Package.

Last month or so it has been fairly easy to activate my existing customers HD Channels.

Just keep calling and if you speak spanish, the Spanish Speaking CSRs are aware of the situation.

I remember back in 2005 people in St. Thomas and St Croix were having difficulty, I am wondering if the footprint cuts off very rapidly to the East of PR.

Do you know of anyone in the USVI who is getting the channels? I am a 100 or so miles further South so think I might need an eight footer which is an expensive experiment, so would like a bit of comfort that the channels are OK in the USVI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts