voom.com...Alive!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Apparently someone didn't make a fortune in 12 months on Encore HD.......yeah, that's the business model for today......how much will I make this quarter?! Disgusting, to be sure!

Maybe then room for hdnet and hdnet movies?
I knew voom would survive. You cant kill something so advanced. Who'd want to trash their car and go buy a horse and buggy? But people probably thought Mr Ford would never succeed with the new fangled motor & wheels thing. Every HD tv thats sold is a plus for voom, and a direct hit for D* and E* and cable. All those voom-doom sayers... EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

Well, If VOOM continued I was planning to subscribe to Starz/Encore because the package has 3 HD channels, and I don't really care for Showtime/TMC which also has 3 HD channels. Oh well, their loss not mine :)

No matter what happens to VOOM it will live on as I have now saved 80% of the website on my hard drive (2.8Mb). When I save a page with my browser it will save all images and files on that page in a separate folder and change the HTML accordingly. So if VOOM goes dark all I have to do is just upload the whole thing and voila a remberance site of better times :D

bryan27 said:
Well, If VOOM continued I was planning to subscribe to Starz/Encore because the package has 3 HD channels, and I don't really care for Showtime/TMC which also has 3 HD channels. Oh well, their loss not mine :)

No matter what happens to VOOM it will live on as I have now saved 80% of the website on my hard drive (2.8Mb). When I save a page with my browser it will save all images and files on that page in a separate folder and change the HTML accordingly. So if VOOM goes dark all I have to do is just upload the whole thing and voila a remberance site of better times :D

:cool::yes

bryan27 said:
So if VOOM goes dark all I have to do is just upload the whole thing and voila a remberance site of better times :D

:) Good to see the site up for current customers.
:) Good to see the GET IT removed - following the Monday board decision
:( Bad to see that it takes four days to get it right.
:( Bad to see that Cablevision hasn't finished the job with the phone centers.
(Although any installs scheduled will be after Monday, so Voom could cancel them if things go bad on Monday.)

JL

Mod Edit

justalurker said:
And then wait for Cablevision to sue you for copyright infringements? :)

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Cablevision want's to unload VOOM and not be reminded of that name at all. VOOM would be out of business and they woudn't give a rats ass what people do with the then defunct logos and images.

There is such a thing a copyright abandonment. If Cablevision doesn't use those logos and images for marketing purposes in one year's time then the copyrights are abandonded.

Da Bears

Da Xactly right!

Not only does Voom provide great exclusive channels but also the highest level of drama. This has to end up on the Soap Channel or is this part of the new Reality TV channel?

bryan27 said:
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Cablevision want's to unload VOOM and not be reminded of that name at all. VOOM would be out of business and they woudn't give a rats ass what people do with the then defunct logos and images.
That's your opinion - but read it again and you will find a flaw: They don't want to be reminded of VOOM yet someone is running a site reminding the world of their failure.
bryan27 said:
There is such a thing a copyright abandonment. If Cablevision doesn't use those logos and images for marketing purposes in one year's time then the copyrights are abandonded.
If true you would have to wait a year. But then it is you that are putting yourself at risk. Your choice.

JL

I do not understand it with the anti-voom stuff. It is getting quite old. If you care about HD, you would care that VOOM makes it. At least it will have a presence in the HD market and make other providers look at hard at the market. With that said the HD arena can only gain. With the failure of VOOM, there's no incentive for anyone to move forward in the HD arena. Sure there are some plans, but how quickly anyone can make those plans has yet to be seeing since they cannot claim they have.

It is like the VENOM is coming to every single thread trying to debate the points ALREADY DISCUSSED AT DEATH in other threads. As I said before, this is getting old to see the same VENOM spread in every thread. So take this as a warning. This is general warning to everyone.

If we continue with this, we are not going to be able to read the IMPORTANT information within the threads. I myself have refrained from some threads because there is so much garbage between users/members. Usually is between the non-voomers and the voomers. Guess what guys this is a VOOM forum. Let the VOOMERS discuss their problems without infecting every thread with your continuous same story. We really need to get over this. I mean we can do better than this. I would think.

Thank you, Sean. I, too, have been having trouble finding meaningful content. I hope this helps. Thanks again.

It's simple. There are 2 types of Voom bashers.

1. People that can't afford an HDTV.

2. People that have an HDTV and an IQ below 100.

I have had Voom since Monday and I have never seen pq like this. It's also cheaper than cable or any other satellite company. Plain and simple.

Go Bears...

...way to go, and I don't even do sports...if that's what's behind your "handle" story!
grinning-smiley-022.gif
If all sports fans are as savvy as you, I may have to give sports a try! :D Vicki
Go Bears said:
This is what J. Dolan and Rutledge SHOULD have done on Monday 2/28 ... leave the website up and running but remove the ability to order new service via the website. Instead, they had the webmaster completely destroy the value of the website (and thus hurt the goodwill/marketing potential of the business as a whole) by putting up the childish "VOOM is no longer taking customer orders and will shut down by the end of March."

Has nothing to do with updating the page and nothing to do with new install offers. Website orders are apparently processed by VOOM employees, while the toll free phone numbers are staffed by a contractor's employees. VOOM can't immediately cancel its contract for telephone customer service, and probably there is at least a 30 day, if not 60 or 90 day, cancellation notice requirement. So CVC/VOOM is going to have to pay for the telephone CSR's through and past the end of March into April, and might as well have them take phone calls for now while the future of VOOM is still uncertain.

But the website is different ... if CVC/VOOM is directly responsible for its maintenance and for website install orders, why not save some money during this uncertain period by referring potential customers to the telephone CSR's.

Also, if someone orders VOOM via the website, and there is a controversy about the order not being fulfilled because VOOM discontinues its service, CVC/VOOM can't blame it on a contractor. With the telephone customer service, CVC/VOOM always has the option of blaming something gone wrong on a third party.

Sean Mota said:
I do not understand it with the anti-voom stuff. It is getting quite old. If you care about HD, you would care that VOOM makes it. At least it will have a presence in the HD market and make other providers look at hard at the market. With that said the HD arena can only gain. With the failure of VOOM, there's no incentive for anyone to move forward in the HD arena. Sure there are some plans, but how quickly anyone can make those plans has yet to be seeing since they cannot claim they have.

It is like the VENOM is coming to every single thread trying to debate the points ALREADY DISCUSSED AT DEATH in other threads. As I said before, this is getting old to see the same VENOM spread in every thread. So take this as a warning. This is general warning to everyone.

If we continue with this, we are not going to be able to read the IMPORTANT information within the threads. I myself have refrained from some threads because there is so much garbage between users/members. Usually is between the non-voomers and the voomers. Guess what guys this is a VOOM forum. Let the VOOMERS discuss their problems without infecting every thread with your continuous same story. We really need to get over this. I mean we can do better than this. I would think.

So remove posts you feel unappropriate. AVS mods do it all day long. Ignore the screams of unfairness that will follow from them. Your the boss. If it makes this forum more productive then draw the line. just my 2 cents.

Heads Above all the Rest.

BoBaK said:
Mod Edit
I have had Voom since Monday and I have never seen pq like this. It's also cheaper than cable or any other satellite company. Plain and simple.

I aggree. I have been a Voomer only for one month.and thought I was going to die when The thought of them taking it away from my family after such a short courthship was like loosing by Dog. And they are Mans Best Friends.

They will get it right. Like the Mac. Which I also own. Somethings are such superior Products. Maybe the Masses do not get it. But then They are happy getting spam with their IBM clones and Feeding more money in Bill Gates Pockets too.

Soo keep My Voom Pictures coming into My Home. It is A true Thing of Beuty.

The positive on seeing VOOM.com back up is that they must really be serious about negotiating for the survival of VOOM. I wonder if the board had a telephone conference to give a quick ok of the site being back up until negotiations are complete one way or another? Of course, it would only take 8 of the 14 board members to approve...

Is this new?

Maybe I just never noticed it before. Is this new at the bottom of the www.voom.com home page?

"© 2005 Rainbow DBS Company LLC "

Did it ever say cablevision or something else?

honestly - I couldn't really care less as long as the signal continues! Just wondering...

Andrew

Andrew B, I can't answer your question, because I never noticed before either, but I signed up (again) for the keep me updated section, just in case it is the new VoOm. I was signed up previously, but figure now I'm covered whatever the answer is. :) Vicki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts