voom.com...Alive!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Vicki said:
Andrew B, I can't answer your question, because I never noticed before either, but I signed up (again) for the keep me updated section, just in case it is the new VoOm. I was signed up previously, but figure now I'm covered whatever the answer is. :) Vicki

Cool! So, slightly off topic, but how is your signal when it rains up there in Rocklin? I am over in Rescue (across the street from Cameron Park) and things break up pretty bad in the rain/wind. I am supposed to get a larger dish, but my installer no-showed me three times. New installer should be here on the 9th.
I even have my dish at ground level (we at the top of a hill) to cut down on some of the wind/rain...
Just curious.

Andrew

ps - yes, still up. Just can't stop watching Iron Chef...

Well, the live chat CSR is no longer on the site. The CSR numbers have changed, too. it used to be 1-800-GET-VOOM (438-8666); now it is 1.866.931.VOOM. Call me paranoid; but, in the business world this looks like the last days of Voom, and no matter how much we get hyped about it, the decision rests on the investors. They will not lose any more money.

Too bad, as much as I complained about their CSR, I have enjoyed my VaVaVoom package.

Andrew B said:
Cool! So, slightly off topic, but how is your signal when it rains up there in Rocklin?
Andrew, I'm a former, but about-to-be, re-installed VoOmer. I've had install problems of my own previously, so I really sympathize with you!

I left VoOm in late October of last year, so I can't speak for the rainy/windy season personally, but my signal during good weather was like 94 or so, and I still had breakup from time to time. I've read posts from others in this area who did have problems during the rainy/windy season, so when I called to re-subscribe, I requested and have now been approved, for the upgraded dish.

Hope you have better luck on the 9th with your upgrade. If not, don't hesitate to call VoOm and demand a different installation company. Installation has been a problem area for VoOm in some areas, but I think they're getting it under control. However, they can't know it's a continuing problem, if we don't tell them. No-shows is not acceptable.

Happy VoOming! And I'll be joining you soon! :D Vicki

New Ads On Tv This Am

Alto101 said:
The only thing missing is the section to order new service with the details about pricing and installation costs.....it says to call Voom directly.

Either they are updating this page, or they want people to call for a reason. Someone should call and pose as a new customer and ask what their current install offer is.
THey are advertising on our Local Comcast Cable channel this AM at 0500. For VOOM and 1 buck installs and 2 Free Months of the VA VA VOOM . Good untill 04/30/05/ Call Now. Plus a one year Free Subscription to Some Magazine. Well we are not in Kansas anymore. And I like the Yellow Brick Road TOTO>

:) WE are back on the Air Advertising this Am. Saturady 3/05/ Voom is advertising 1 installs and 2 free months of VAVA voom.

I'm not going to read anything into that. I'm waiting for Monday.

Think about it. This is a company that's so mismanaged that when the board announced they were shutting down this branch, they didn't even have the common sense to tell the people taking the orders.
Then look at everything that happened with the two websites over the past couple of days?

I think this is just "stable", it's not a good sign OR a bad sign.

Lob

Andrew B said:
Maybe I just never noticed it before. Is this new at the bottom of the www.voom.com home page?

"© 2005 Rainbow DBS Company LLC "

Did it ever say cablevision or something else?

honestly - I couldn't really care less as long as the signal continues! Just wondering...

Andrew

I took a peak at the internet archive and going back through 2004 and into 2003 the Voom site did had the copyright notice being to Rainbow DBS Company LLC.

So nothing new there. But I'm happy the site is up anyway. I have my install scheduled for the 15th and want it to actually happen. :)

EvilEuro

Click on "About VOOM" at the top of the site, and you'll see this:

"VOOM is a satellite television service, provided by Rainbow DBS, a subsidiary of Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC)."

Voomllc.com and newvoom.com now being redirected back to voom.com. So, how long will that last again :) But good sign, IMHO

I am Glade to see that it is back up and running.... I just wish there was a letter then from the company after us SUBS logged on to our accounts telling us what is going to happen and what did happen............

jeslevine said:
under channel listening they added they following:

*STARZ! Encore will be discontinuing Encore HD East and West feeds as of March 31, 2005.

My wife is pretty POed about lsing Encore HD East!!! I looked on the Starz sight and they say nothing about discontinuing it. Hmmmmm

softwiz said:
My wife is pretty POed about lsing Encore HD East!!! I looked on the Starz sight and they say nothing about discontinuing it. Hmmmmm
I think we will have to see what really happens after Monday

everything else is moot

BoBaK said:
It's simple. There are 2 types of Voom bashers.

1. People that can't afford an HDTV.

2. People that have an HDTV and an IQ below 100.

3. People that have a top-of-the-line HDTV and purchased VOOM systems because it was advertised as a top-of-the-line HD provider. Then they find out that VOOM:

A. Has been plagued with technical problems from day 1, most of which they refuse to correct.

B. Has such poor management that they have failed to attract enough subscribers to keep themselves from being sold/closed by Cablevision.

C. In the few rare instances where VOOM communicates with their subscribers they make promises that they do not keep.

My best friend got tired of starving his new HDTV and he waited for a good install deal on Voom. His install is scheduled for this coming Monday. He is the one that called me and said the Voom web site was down and asked me what was going on.

If they show up on Monday, he's going to have them install and run new cables leaving his Dish cabling and antenna alone. If they go dark later this month, oh well.

I've been out of the country the last few weeks and haven't been able to read everything posted here but what is the bottom line? Is this or is it not going to go dark?

Confused

janardone,

here we go again what this has to do with the topic at hand. I am going to start deleting the OT posts because can't follow simple instructions. Very sad. If you want to star your own thread with the complaints do it but do not do it in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts