VOOM CSRs

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I just want to let you know to take it easy with the VOOM CSRs. Everytime I have called they have been very supportive and courteous. A lot of times, they can't give you the correct information of what's happening because they themselves do not know. This makes their job difficult because they cannot convey the correct information to us. Just take into consideration that there are problems like todays "No Info" problem where up to this point there are still unresolved problems. Just my opinion.

Sean,

I have had only an initial contact with a csr who appeared to be reading me answers to my questions so I assumed that they are given a fact sheet with answers to common questions.

I am concerned that my install on this Friday may not be glich free, or that my box may not work properly.

Is there a direct way to get to a level 2 csr (who may have more answers) as I have often done with both Dish and Directv?

Shelly

shelly said:
Sean,

I have had only an initial contact with a csr who appeared to be reading me answers to my questions so I assumed that they are given a fact sheet with answers to common questions.

I am concerned that my install on this Friday may not be glich free, or that my box may not work properly.

Is there a direct way to get to a level 2 csr (who may have more answers) as I have often done with both Dish and Directv?

Shelly

Shelly,

I do not think they have that, except for Technical Support. The Tech Support staff knows the procedure to re-hit the box just in case it does not work. Let the installation be done first and take it from there. There are so many variables involved that it is hard to tell.

We will try to help you and lead you to the correct information as much as we can.

Sean, while I agree yelling at CSRs is a bad thing, I HATE getting conflicting information :). The Sears Plus Pack deal for instance. How do you know who to believe? If they have no info, that's cool. But wrong info... that grates on me.

madpoet said:
Sean, while I agree yelling at CSRs is a bad thing, I HATE getting conflicting information :). The Sears Plus Pack deal for instance. How do you know who to believe? If they have no info, that's cool. But wrong info... that grates on me.

That is correct wrong information is no good to anyone. It's just plain better to say "I do not know". Yesterday, some us were told that there was a download in the way and this was the reason for the "no info" problem. I was told last night that CSRs were saying this because they were not told why was the problem happening or what to say.

Just another piece of information. These CRS do not work directly for VOOM. There is a third party company that was subcontracted by VOOM to do their operation support. The information sometimes is just not there.

I agree completely that wrong information should not be leaked as well as confidential information.

The other problem is that information changes from CSR to CSR and it shows. Heck! the same happens with E* or D* but I think they are better organized.

Just my $0.02...

Sean,

I agree with you about the CSRs seeming to be curteous and supportive. I've unfortunately had to call a few times regarding installation issues (see the Metro NYC thread if you want the details), and each time the CSRs gave me the impression that they cared about getting the issues worked out. This is an important part of the customer service experience, which I give Voom a lot of credit for.

Now, regarding yelling at CSRs, only Dish seems to give me that urge -- every time there is an issue with my Dish system, they always make me go through a scripted set of steps that any experienced support person would know are going to be unrelated to the particular issue at hand. I wouldn't mind if the steps were simple remote commands, but some involve swapping receivers from room-to-room, and disconnecting multiswitches. Then, they merely transfer me to advanced tech support, who asks the identical questions (that's where the urge to yell comes from).

Let It Die

I am 1 of the many upset potential customers who don't like Voom's business practices. I want a timely install and good customer service. I also have no desire to cut Voom some slack.Tell the CSR's that the poor customer service and installers need improvement. They can't even find my equipment.
Another post says give the csr's some slack. Why? They charge my credit card without turning on service. "Sorry Sir, A refund takes 10 business days."
If you invested in the equipment, I hope you can justify your expense.
I hope Voom chamges. We need a choice in service. What I have experienced so far "AIN'T IT. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)