VOOM, Direct TV, E*, Cable HD comparison for New and prospective Voomers

PBHDinSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
San Diego
If it has not been done yet, it would be cool to have location in this forum that contained a matrix with a direct comparision of HD services between Voom, D*, E*, Cox etc...

This would include number of HD channels now, content (sports, movie,news channel breakouts), planned HD channels, HD packages, cost data, links to content pages for each service, broadcast resolutions (720p, 1080i), and honest pro and cons review of each service.

When I was looking into satellite service it I spent a lot of time going from websight to web sight comparing each companies offerings. I got lucky and found Voom.

I think this would help anyone consider HD services and draw search engines to this site.

I don't know how this would be done. It would be cool to have the forum be able to update info in the matrix when things change.

Most people I know don't have big screen TVs but will be looking in the next year or two, once the prices for the new technology TVs drop to the 2K and lower range, then the HD services will be more highly wanted then they are now.

Sean,

Thanks this looks good. Is this link on http://www.satelliteguys.us/ main page? I did not see it there. Who maintains it?

Would it be possible to make a web page on this forum with this info. The issue is that a web search engines will not see the PDF text.

Another issue, The US satellite guys do not have metatags or keywords in the HTML of their home page. This also makes it hard for search engines to direct people to this forum looking for comparison info.

Holy cow!

PBHDinSD said:
Sean,

Thanks this looks good. Is this link on http://www.satelliteguys.us/ main page? I did not see it there. Who maintains it?

Would it be possible to make a web page on this forum with this info. The issue is that a web search engines will not see the PDF text.

Another issue, The US satellite guys do not have metatags or keywords in the HTML of their home page. This also makes it hard for search engines to direct people to this forum looking for comparison info.

Holy cow!

These are good ideas... I'll talk to Scott about it. We can make it to HTML as well.

Sean Mota said:
These are good ideas... I'll talk to Scott about it. We can make it to HTML as well.
Sean,

I posted a list of keywords in USSatellite guys help section to get it started.

Pat

Sean Mota said:
Thanks,

i also posted a list of keywords in the help section of the main page of this forum.

Sean Mota said:
Thanks. I'll look at it and have Scott or an administrator look at it.

Sean,

I found the Meta- tag keywords. I missed them the first time.

Here they are:

"satellite forum, dbs forum, Dish Network Forum, DirecTV forum, Direct tv forum, VOOM forum, XM forum, sirius forum, serious forum, satellite, echostar, dish network, DirecTV, 921, 721, 811, hdtv, greczkowski, satelliteguys, dbstalk, dbsforums, avsforum, Charlie Chat, dss, satellite guys, satellite guy, satellite deals, dishstore, dishstore.net, rumors, hdtv, dish"

Recommend adding "VOOM, information, comparison, forum, high, definition, HD, advice, how, to, 480p, 1080i, 720p, 1080p, TV, cable, direct, help, news"

Also HDTV is listed twice

ramcm7 said:
When did Voom announce INHD 1&2 and Disney HD?

:confused:

No yet. These speculations are coming from what was at the sears brochure and at the press launch conference back in 10/03. I will take those references out as soon as I update the sheet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts