Voom/dish 61.5 ?

gsnyder

Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
Had installer this weekend. Failed to install VOOM.He used my Dish Satallite which Set at 61.5.Getting Signal in Mid 90's. When he Hooked Voom Reciever (to same DISH sat LNB set) he was only able to get signal low thirties.

My Dish is in clearing with window between trees. He left saying install not possible.

I thouight Both Sats at same postion. Checked Voom got same Azimuth/Elevation as DISH Net.

Any suggestions?

Is Voom Sat at higher lower azimuth?

should work..there are many things that could have gone wrong to list..Call and ask for a different installer and make sure to download latest software..but could have been many things...but dish 90's@61.5===Voom

gsnyder said:
Had installer this weekend. Failed to install VOOM.He used my Dish Satallite which Set at 61.5.Getting Signal in Mid 90's. When he Hooked Voom Reciever (to same DISH sat LNB set) he was only able to get signal low thirties.

My Dish is in clearing with window between trees. He left saying install not possible.

I thouight Both Sats at same postion. Checked Voom got same Azimuth/Elevation as DISH Net.

Any suggestions?

This is not right. I do not know the whole situation but if you have LOS with Dish Network at 61.5 then VOOM should be a no brainer. Like Rang said get someone else to do this or get send an email to "Wilt Hildenbrand" <wilth@optonline.net> so that your request can be escalated.

Thanks.I will follow up on suggestions.Will have second install "try".

By the way ran setup again got 98-100 on signal on DISH Sat at 61.5. It really doesn't make sense to me either.

i had a 95-100 reading (out of 125 scale)on Dish 61.5 now have Voom reading 96/71 using the 24" dish--previously 92/66 with 18"

I did this on Saturday. I have a 28" 61.5 that pegs the meter on Dish Network at 125.

We connected the VOOM receiver direct to one of the cables from the LNB on the 61.5 dish, (NOT THROUGH THE E* SWITCH!). On the VOOM receiver we got at first a 94 signal. After the installer left, I went on the roof and tapped the dish a couple of hits and shifted the meter on VOOM to 98.

I have not tried to connect the 61.5 LNB through the SW64 switch. Did you connect through E* switch? If so try it direct.
Second, you don't have a DC blocker in the Voom Feed line do you? Maybe you have no power to the LNB. Check out your DC voltage at the LNB from the VOOM receiver.

Can't think of any other suggestions but I'm sure you already exhausted these basic ideas.

gsnyder said:

Any suggestions?

I don't know if this will help or not, we had an installer leave us with a signal of 30-35 the first time he left and after the software updated the first night it came into the 70's then he was able to come back (it took him a month though since he's over 100 miles away which is lame) and he was able to get it into the 80's.. later the clouds cleared up and it's in the 90's. So you might want him to leave it there and let the software update over night. unless it can be forced or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)