Voom dish in relation to D* dish

Lil4cyl

Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I had D* and my dish is still intact. I don't have a compass and am not sure what direction ie. degrees the D* dish points. Can someone please post a direction of both dishes, so I can get some idea of whether or not I will have a clear LOS with the VOOM sat? I have lots of trees surrounding my house, and my D* dish is pole mounted right in front of my house, but if the VOOM dish is going to be radically different, I may even have trouble with the trees with the VOOM dish on top of my house. Just trying to get an idea.

Thanks in advance

Your D* dish probably points at 119 degrees. The Voom satellite is at 61.5 degrees. So they are roughly 60 degrees apart. If you stand and face the direction that your current dish is pointing, and turn left 1/4 of a full turn (90 degrees) you will be facing roughly 30 degrees. Then turn back to the right 1/3 of the distance that you originally turned to the left, and you will be oriented toward 61.5.

This may be easier. Face direction of current dish. Raise your left arm straight out to the side holding it at shoulder level. The 61.5 satellite is oriented about 2/3 of the way between your eyes and the tips of your fingers.

The Stone Man said:
Your D* dish probably points at 119 degrees. The Voom satellite is at 61.5 degrees. So they are roughly 60 degrees apart. If you stand and face the direction that your current dish is pointing, and turn left 1/4 of a full turn (90 degrees) you will be facing roughly 30 degrees. Then turn back to the right 1/3 of the distance that you originally turned to the left, and you will be oriented toward 61.5.

This may be easier. Face direction of current dish. Raise your left arm straight out to the side holding it at shoulder level. The 61.5 satellite is oriented about 2/3 of the way between your eyes and the tips of your fingers.

a dtv dish points at about 224 for a single lnb.a phase 3 lnb pionts at about 240 to 244. voom pionts at about 170 to 179

The azimuth isn't going to help this guy one bit, as he said he didn't have a compass available :rolleyes:

Hehe, yeah I guess I'll go get a compass... :) BTW, I am in zip 28052, .. I THINK I recall something aroun 200 degrees on my D* dish.. cant remember though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts