Voom dish with Direct receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Sparks

Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
MICHIGAN
Hello all , please forgive my lack of understanding but I was wondering if anyone could help me out.Many years ago I had until the company went out of business a VOOM system. Since then I have not bothered with satellite tv but I would now like to use a direct tv receiver that I have been given Ideally reuse the dish as it was a larger than the standard VOOM dish.Would this be possible with the VOOM L.N.B. and the dish refocusing to the correct satellite or would the LNB be using non compatible frequencies.

Thanks in advance

If Voom used a circular LNBF it should work. Otherwise adapt a Direct LNBF for it.

It will need to be repointed from 61.5 to the 101. I would be suprised if Direct will let you activate with the old receiver. I know they would not let me do it, and I worked for them.

It will need to be repointed from 61.5 to the 101. I would be suprised if Direct will let you activate with the old receiver. I know they would not let me do it, and I worked for them.

I tried to get an very old Hughes receiver I had here activated and they told me it don't have the memory for the guide now so they won't do it. They do authorize a few of the newer ones if you own them for a $20.00 card fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)