Voom Experts need help with Channel Mapping errors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would call Voom again, but their CSR on Saturday told me someone would call me Sunday from upper echelon tech support. Today they told me someone today would call me from upper echelon tech support.

I like their channel offerings, but damn their CSR needs to be seriously re-structered.

I'm not too fond of their steps

1) Soft Boot (regardless of problem)

2) Hard boot (even if you did, they want you to do it again)

3) Send it a signal

I feel for them since they obviously don't know they just run back and forth trying to get answers from the real experts. I also didn't realize Voom was so new, I'm impressed by their menu systems and channel offerings are more HD oriented than anything DirectTV and Dish offer out of the box.

e-mailed Wilt, he immediately e-mailed me back that it has been escalated, any idea how long until I'm contacted?

Dvlos said:
e-mailed Wilt, he immediately e-mailed me back that it has been escalated, any idea how long until I'm contacted?
I hope you have explained that the problem is with the satellite channels. Because if he receives an email titled like this thread he may think you are talking about OTA mapping.

What is the trip count right now? And what is your satellite signal quality reading with version 568?

Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope everything will be resolved soon.

Well, I specified in the e-mail that it was all channels not OTA, no one has called me back so I called back Voom, they say they have been trying to contact Brandsmart, the store I got the Voom deal from. In any case I told them my concern that their techs are inexperienced. Long story short I am expecting a call tomorrow from a real Voom authorized center, possibly may get a larger dish, possibly may have my diplexer amputated.

I have no idea what trip count is, my sat signal beeps in at 90%, I have no idea what D* E* and V* are...sorry to be such a noob I looked all over hte FAQs but I can't find what those terms mean.

What is kinda pissing me off though, is this is the second night in a row that I miss most of ABC HD Sports Broadcast (I have a Winguard OTA antenna)... it's has happened twice in as many nights, then when the Stanley Cups are OVER i get the HDTV signal, it's driving me whacko.

Anyhow for my troubles, I might get my Voom receivers replaced, my antenna changed to a 24", and I got a free month of Voom without any hassle...I take whatever negatory comments I made about Voom CSR. I just said "Damn this is messed up don't you think" and Pow all of the above happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts