Voom Fund Raiser : Let's help save HDTV!

Dvlos said:
I didn't know Wal-Mart was selling HDTVs last I checked (like 2 months ago) they still had an array of CRT TVs only... that's a good idea kawdog... Also to the guy who's raving about DTV go to the DTV forum and pay them for HDTV ok? Enjoy your 7-10 HD Choices.

Another thing Voom could do, if it still HAD to charge $200, is to provide more incentive for people that want multiple rooms. Right now only cable has the best multiroom deals around..
Walmart has them here, in Virginia

vurbano said:
I think D* is missing:

encorehd
shotime westhd
hbowesthd
tmchd
tnthd
bravohd
cinemaxeasthd
cinemaxwesthd
starzeasthd
starswesthd
playboyhd

and no theres no way im forking out 1200 bucks for an HDPVR.

So they did add ESPN-HD?

zubinh said:
Nobody needs Voom for the HD Revolution to prosper. We've gotten this far without em. 12 million HDTV sets have been sold and Voom has 30,000 subs and you think saving them will help !?!

30,000 subs in how many months? D* and E* get that many in about a week. Voom isn't ready to run with the big dogs. D* and E* learned long ago the way to get new subs is to install them for free and to charge nothing or next to nothing for the equipment. Voom's been bleeding money so they realized they had to start getting everything they can out of their tiny subscriber base and new customers.

I see Voom going the way of the other ill fated also-ran satellite companies. Remember AlphaStar and PrimeStar? If and when they do die there will be no affect on the HDTV industry.

joemama said:
I see Voom going the way of the other ill fated also-ran satellite companies. Remember AlphaStar and PrimeStar? If and when they do die there will be no affect on the HDTV industry.

So you think Voom will die and D*/E*/Cable will rush to add in all the premium east/west coast HD feeds, cut down SD, and add some more channels like Voom Exclusive type channels that constantly show HD programming right? That will happen the instant Voom dies and we won't even remember that little DBS company that offered 35+ HD channels? I am sure all these companies are just waiting for Voom to die so they can pressure companies to come up with HD versions of their channels and nix the SD ones.

I also think Voom's equiptment needs to be offered at every major electronic store... Circuit City, Best Buy, Walmart and Even offer the equiptment to our armed forces retailers, the army and air force bases across the country all have shopping centers on their bases and each does a extremely large amount of business. Then voom will not have a problem with getting customers.. And i think Direct and Dish will start to worry about Voom taking their customers once others actually start seeing what kinda a picture they are missing with Voom.

joemama said:
30,000 subs in how many months? D* and E* get that many in about a week. Voom isn't ready to run with the big dogs. D* and E* learned long ago the way to get new subs is to install them for free and to charge nothing or next to nothing for the equipment. Voom's been bleeding money so they realized they had to start getting everything they can out of their tiny subscriber base and new customers.

joemama,
please go back to your E* forum. Your comments will be well received over there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)