VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey, if the Voom content does get repackaged and rebranded as separate channel offerings under Rainbow, then remember one thing...

I called it. :D :D :D

It looks like HDNews is already off the air. I saw that in the Cablevision forum.

It is a sad time for Voom fans who were hoping they would come back somewhere. I hope you are right vampz26.

I would even pay extra for Monsters & Rave. Make them premiums but don't add commercials in the middle of the shows. Between shows are OK though.

It looks like HDNews is already off the air. I saw that in the Cablevision forum.

It is a sad time for Voom fans who were hoping they would come back somewhere. I hope you are right vampz26.

I would even pay extra for Monsters & Rave. Make them premiums but don't add commercials in the middle of the shows. Between shows are OK though.

Considering we are charged an extra $10/month for HDNet movies, MGM, WFN (not a 24/7 HD channel), Palladia and a few other HD channels, there shouldn't be an extra charge to add the five Voom channels dish wanted to keep. Most cable providers charge $6/mo. for the 24/7 channels.

I'm not surprised HDnews was the first to go... just given what the production overhead costs must have been.

Someone called? :D

Ok, time to herd cats, I guess. :rolleyes: Guys, let it go. Its just tv. And my god, its been gone for seven months already, and that's all the moderating I am going to do.

Just can the language.

Hey...it was just nice to not be involved on one of these 'things' for once...

Anyways, serious question...

Rainbow still owns a lot of HD content here...whats going to happen to it? It still has value, where will we get to see it?

Rainbow still owns a lot of HD content here...whats going to happen to it? It still has value, where will we get to see it?
Rainbow Media owns other channels: AMC, IFC, WE tv, Sundance Channel.
So, some of the VOOM content may be shown there. They can launch other new channels if they want to, or they can simply sell their rights to other channels.

Rainbow Media owns other channels: AMC, IFC, WE tv, Sundance Channel.
So, some of the VOOM content may be shown there. They can launch other new channels if they want to, or they can simply sell their rights to other channels.

I hope they don't run the content on those channels. They are showing more ads than tv anymore. They need to create a few "Rainbow HD" channels that are 24/7, OAR, commercial free and add them to the line-up.

I hope they don't run the content on those channels. They are showing more ads than tv anymore. They need to create a few "Rainbow HD" channels that are 24/7, OAR, commercial free and add them to the line-up.

But wouldn't that just be Voom rebranded? Voom has failed they need to do something different with it. Pay per view maybe or VOD.

But wouldn't that just be Voom rebranded? Voom has failed they need to do something different with it. Pay per view maybe or VOD.
Thats what I was thinking. There needs to be a change somewhere for it to come back and be profitable

Voom did not fail, Voom management failed.

If you make Voom like all the crap we already have, then why bother.

Dont make it like everything else, if they wanted to bring it back in some other form, it just doesnt need to be like it was. No matter what you think about the content, like it or hate it, the model for content that they had just didnt work. Twice. Something needs to change if and when it comes back. Consolidation seems to be a popular opinion aroung here, and that sounds like a viable option. Fewer channels, with a more varied, and less repeating content offering on them.

Voom with commercials becomes Universal HD.

I disagree. Universal shows quite a bit of well known tv show content from their other family of channels. Throw in the movies, and the two are nothing alike in what they offered. Just my opinion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)