VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I jumped to dish when voom came aboard. Dish will be going dark this week in my home.
Direc is comming back.
Voom was unique and set dish apart from everyone else- F*** THEM!

But just because something is "unique" doesn't mean it is worth the effort to continue carrying it. It is very apparent that VOOM, as a whole, was a company that didn't even want to save itself.

I can actually see this helping them, though. If it's true that this is a hardball strategy than there is something to look forward to, but unless some drastic changes are made at VOOM then they're apathy isn't worth saving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Face it, they do not care about what we want, the reasons why we chose E* over D*, or anything else. All they care about is the income. As long as we continue to pay for non HD programming being labeled as HD, we are going to take it in the shorts. The only thing that will get their attention is to cut back your purchases, and then write the CEO and let him know why you quit parting with your hard earned cash.
Dump 15 true HD channels, replace them with the VHS fishing channel with a HD logo, and keep charging the same price.
If we continue to pay, we only have ourselves to blame for allowing us to be screwed.

Can we watch the language? Isnt this a family type forum?
I don't know, man..You cuss it up a few times on your MySpace page and I GUARANTEE there are more underage kids on MySpace than a satellite forum, for sure. Shouldn't most kids be in school on a Thursday in mid-May? And even if they're not in school, how many "kids" or "families" are chatting it up in a satellite forum? I'm just sayin'...Let the "Moderator" do the police work..:up

Sorry for my language...But Im pissed off.
Me too, but we're gonna have to get over it. Dish (CSR's, at least) doesn't care. I called yesterday and asked how they planned on making up for all the lost channels and said they weren't. They said I could leave..for $200.00 to buy out my contract. I've said this like 3x already, so pardon the repeat info. Just trying to ease the pain..Like that's gonna work...:rolleyes:

Me too, but we're gonna have to get over it. Dish (CSR's, at least) doesn't care. I called yesterday and asked how they planned on making up for all the lost channels and said they weren't. They said I could leave..for $200.00 to buy out my contract. I've said this like 3x already, so pardon the repeat info. Just trying to ease the pain..Like that's gonna work...:rolleyes:

Like others have stated before, speak with your wallet. Downgrade the service or do one better ($200 is a lot in your case). Nobody at Dish cares what their customers think, they never have, otherwise we probably would have had these new channels a lot earlier.

I don't know, man..You cuss it up a few times on your MySpace page and I GUARANTEE there are more underage kids on MySpace than a satellite forum, for sure.
Fair enough, however I have yet to read where it is against the rules on myspace:up Perhaps I should change it or remove the link from this site.

Like others have stated before, speak with your wallet. Downgrade the service or do one better ($200 is a lot in your case). Nobody at Dish cares what their customers think, they never have, otherwise we probably would have had these new channels a lot earlier.
I completely agree with you! Unfortunately, my wallet has it's mouth taped shut; meaning 200.00 is out of the question...for now. I'll give 'em a little while to cook something up. As others have stated, at this point in time, it doesn't seem like there is much difference in D* vs. E*, except for what was VOOM (maybe some sports pkgs., but I'm not that dedicated to sports, except for my BLUE DEVILS & Nascar, but I get those either OTA or ESPNHD or ESPN2HD)..Maybe in 6 months or so, my wallet will be able to "speak".

That's what worries me. I can still see the Cablevision provider generating at least SOMETHING, but Dish was their biggest client, and Charlie knows it. Maybe the other poster is right, and this is just "Charlie being Charlie," and throwing a tantrum to get his way..

Yeah, and maybe tomorrow we'll all wake up and this won't have happened.

F'ing Charlie.

Jay
Dish Network: Bring Back MonstersHD! Petition

Yeah sometimes people think that if they throw a tantrum they will get their way.

I'm not currently subbed to D* or E*, but was seriously considering E*'s $30 HD pack to supplement my cable HD. One of the main draws for me was WorldSport HD. But now that Voom is dead on E*, I am going to seriously rethink re-activating my account. Bummer. :(

Voomless In Allamuchy

So:

No more Gallery HD and those excellent Voom science channels in HD. And absolutely no request for feedback by Dish BEFORE making their unilateral move. Hey WE'RE the customers who pay YOUR salary.

Anyway cable has just come through this country town with their excellent triple package AND free HD, even on channels like (13) WNET, which Dish doesn't know exists.

Well, thanks, Dish people, I had hesitated to make my move to cable, but you made it easy for me.

Bye. :)

So let me get this straight, you chose E* for Voom. You are basically interested in reruns every three hours and programming from two years ago. If you are so upset by this, you should just go to their website and watch that then. This was better for everyone involved, Dish wrote off some of that dead weight that has plagued them for years and we finally got some of the channels that D* has in HD. Now if they could get F/X and the Viacom channels in HD that would be great.

So let me get this straight, you chose E* for Voom. You are basically interested in reruns every three hours and programming from two years ago. If you are so upset by this, you should just go to their website and watch that then. This was better for everyone involved, Dish wrote off some of that dead weight that has plagued them for years and we finally got some of the channels that D* has in HD. Now if they could get F/X and the Viacom channels in HD that would be great.
How many channels in "HD" did we get?:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)