VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is the lineup I was so glad I stuck with dish for....
rukormx-1.jpg

found it in my email to my wife.. thought you guys would laugh at the awesomeness of it.

Good point,

I think those non voom fans dont get it. Its not about you likeing or disliking voom its about what dish did. …

Thats where we are on this. Specialty HD programming which many of us came to dish for has been removed without our consent. …

Again whether you like a group of channels or not is a mute point.

I agree with most of what you said and — despite its problems — I will miss VOOM. I can see where some wouldn't care, but do not understand why some are dancing on VOOM's grave.

One point… mute is that button on your remote that silences your TV. It is a moot point.;)

As for the rest of your analysis, I do not understand how you (and others) come to the conclusion that they are replacing the Voom channels for the 22 HD channels. Where have they stated for instance that they are replacing MHD for Rave or that Chiller is the replacement for Monsters. Just because it happened in the same time frame doesn't mean the intention was to swap them out.

I emailed ceo about the Voom issue and this is part of their reply:

DISH Network understands it may feel like DISH is removing your favorite programming, but check out the comparable HD programming that is available!

VOOM Channel Alternative Programming Channel #
Monsters HD Chiller (Only available in SD) 199
Rave HD MHD 9469
Rush HD Universal HD, HD Net 9427, 9422
Specific HD Movies HD Net Movies, Universal HD, and Premiums in HD 9423,9427

----

There you have it, straight from the ceo folks, making comparisons between what they took away vs. what they have. Hardly comparable (IMHO), and I told them as much.

We all got that email, it would be nice for them to send a new one saying they are in talks or something.

I emailed ceo about the Voom issue and this is part of their reply:

DISH Network understands it may feel like DISH is removing your favorite programming, but check out the comparable HD programming that is available!

VOOM Channel Alternative Programming Channel #
Monsters HD Chiller (Only available in SD) 199
Rave HD MHD 9469
Rush HD Universal HD, HD Net 9427, 9422
Specific HD Movies HD Net Movies, Universal HD, and Premiums in HD 9423,9427

----

There you have it, straight from the ceo folks, making comparisons between what they took away vs. what they have. Hardly comparable (IMHO), and I told them as much.

Chiller is in the higher package $10 more. Mhd, Universal, hdnet we had before. Dishnetwork understands that it may feel like DISH is screwing you and we are.

OK so what is the stat? and what des a post saying it had some original programming rove? as far as I know no one ever disputed that.
I asked what is on Voom that is exclusive? And yes no one did answer that. Kung Foo Maybe , But if it was a blockbuster movie it would have been on National TV,or movie channel. When I say national I mean Available to everyones home with all providers .Voom wasn't and isn't.

it just looks like most people did not care for voom. dish hasn't received that many phone calls about it. i certainly wasn't affected or surprised when it happened. i enjoyed voom at 1st but it got old fast. my family and friends haven't even noticed. i mentioned it to them. i just hope after all this E has something in store for all of us.

I asked what is on Voom that is exclusive? And yes no one did answer that. Kung Foo Maybe , But if it was a blockbuster movie it would have been on National TV,or movie channel. When I say national I mean Available to everyones home with all providers .Voom wasn't and isn't.

+1:up

it just looks like most people did not care for voom. dish hasn't received that many phone calls about it. i certainly wasn't affected or surprised when it happened. i enjoyed voom at 1st but it got old fast. my family and friends haven't even noticed. i mentioned it to them. i just hope after all this E has something in store for all of us.

Where you looking? From where I'm looking I see a lot in support of them.

Of course you would ,Your in a Voom thread. Outside in the real world. Its not being supported as much as you think. Just remember only E* HD customer had a clue about Voom , and not all of them liked it. Obviously most of them didn't like Voom,or you would be still watching it.

check out the polls and the votes. see how much more bitching was done on having voom compared to losing it. not looking for an argument by the way:)
just what i see.

Of course you would ,Your in a Voom thread. Outside in the real world. Its not being supported as much as you think. Just remember only E* HD customer had a clue about Voom , and not all of them liked it. Obviously most of them didn't like Voom,or you would be still watching it.

I have to disagree. This is about Charlie and $ simple as that. I have been looking at different polls and they appear 50/50.

I have to disagree. This is about Charlie and $ simple as that. I have been looking at different polls and they appear 50/50.

okay. i respect what you're saying and defend your right to say it to the death!:eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)