VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes FIOS look the best of them all, but again how many HD channels does FIOS have? (Just posting this because someone always pops in and raves about FIOS which is only available in a small portion of the country) :)
Hey, I resemble that statement.;) When I first had E* installed, their best HD was just as good as the best quality stuff I see on FiOS...it was better than VOOM being carried by the now defunct VOOM DBS.

There are no technical reasons why the satellite companies can't match FiOS and offer customers a stunning HD experience.

As I said at the time, M Sparks' theory is the only one that makes sense for both parties.

As I said at the time, M Sparks' theory is the only one that makes sense for both parties.

Actually, you just said it makes sense to you. :D

Thanks for reading. I think a lot of people just skip everything that has more than 2 sentences.

new e-mail address dish gave me to complain about loosing Voom HD

Below is what I sent to the new address that dish network gave me to complain, which was " ceoofdishnetwork@echostar.com "

I think we should flood their e-mail, phones, and online chat with a rep about how upset we are about them dropping Voom HD!

"My wife and I signed up to dish networks once you had VOOM HD and that was the sole reason for joining. We pay approximately $130 per month and have been loyal customers primarily due to the QUALITY OF VOOM HD. We had ignored the monthly solicitation of your competitors over the years due to the QUALITY OF VOOM HD. We are very upset about the removal of VOOM HD channels as:

· Voom HD was our favorite HD channels!
· Voom HD was the clearest in clarity with true HD and shows that were filmed with the best equipment. We have an expensive home theatre with a screen that is over 7’ wide and the clarity of the HD is very easy to view and compare.
· Voom HD provided original programming not found in any other channel
· Voom HD has zero commercials!
· Your company did not ask us nor appeared to ask any other of your premium customers using Voom HD about what we want and do not like.
· You replaced Voom HD’s 15 channels with 22 channels, but in reality only 7 are new. The others are existing channels in SD just up converted to HD and not true HD.
· Your new channels are very low quality in resolution as most are up converted and not filmed with good equipment and not really true HD at all!
· Your new channels are very low in quality in content compared to Voom HD!
· You fail to realize that what we want is quality of programming that is true HD. We do not want more crap channels with weak content like the weather channel, the cartoon network, stock information, etc. on HD as that is pretty much a waste of air space to broadcast it in HD.
· You are in an ivory tower and have lost touch with your true customers, especially the premium clients like us whom pay a lot more than your many low end clients paying under $50 a month.
· You did not market Voom HD at all nor use it as the marketing advantage it could have been. You charged a premium for Voom HD on top of the premium for HD; and you also did very little if anything to market it. Thus if a person was not familiar with Voom HD already like we were they would not have been as likely to pay the extra and see the great channels! It was those channels that had QUALITY IN CLARITY AND PROGRAMMING OVER ANYTHING YOU CURRENTLY HAVE! That was strong enough to not even get us to open marketing info from your competitors! Now we open every one as we will likely cancel due to loosing Voom HD!

I want to formally ask that you bring back Voom HD channels! Please! If we do not get those channels back in June we will cancel our service completely and we will unlikely ever return. Your failure to realize Voom HD is valuable to your clients and could have been a real marketing tool is tragic. If we do not see Voom HD brought back I will make it known to everyone in my large network of our displeasure of dish networks."

I want to formally ask that you bring back Voom HD channels! Please! If we do not get those channels back in June we will cancel our service completely and we will unlikely ever return. Your failure to realize Voom HD is valuable to your clients and could have been a real marketing tool is tragic. If we do not see Voom HD brought back I will make it known to everyone in my large network of our displeasure of dish networks."

much like Voom, I guess you'll be saying good bye to Dish soon :)

Your failure to realize Voom HD is valuable to your clients
if it was, then Dish would have kept it.

Enjoy your auto-replys.

Can we make a sticky about how to spell "lose"? Because 90% of this board can't do it.

How bout we just let it go. Voom is gone. All the whining in the world isn't going to solve the legal reason why Voom is gone.. It's in the courts.. Voom basically pulled itself. And pretty much sealed its own fate. I miss some of the stuff too. But I am not going to make it worse by pouting about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CONGRATS ECHOSTAR! 922 wins best of CES award!

Just wanted to say THANKS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)