VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not gonna happen.

I would like a definative from Voom, as in we will never go back to Dish or we are going to go under that way I can switch to another company and not worry if Voom will come back.

There will be no such statement until after the suite has run it's course. If Voom wins then E* will have to honor the contract. If E* wins then Voom can go to different carrier. It will stay this way until the "fat lady has sung".

Kumbaya

It could easily be a year or two.

I thought i read somewhere it was in October of this year? I cant confirm that though.

Maybe Im dreaming but it would be nice if both sides threw out the lawers and finally made nice.:eureka

Yes, its a dream. Money does strange things to people.

I thought i read somewhere it was in October of this year? I cant confirm that though.

Maybe Im dreaming but it would be nice if both sides threw out the lawers and finally made nice.:eureka

Yes, its a dream. Money does strange things to people.

Not a dream one of the rumors going around.

There will be no such statement until after the suite has run it's course. If Voom wins then E* will have to honor the contract. If E* wins then Voom can go to different carrier. It will stay this way until the "fat lady has sung".

If Voom wins, it still won't be back. All Voom will want and get is money. Yeah, if Dish wins, they can go to a different carrier. But there is nothing that stops them from doing that now, except that it seems they won't split up the channels and/or no one else wants them.

VOOM versus EchoStar Timeline...

When do they go to court?

Reposted from the VOOM Amended Complaint Thread.

Depositions to begin starting: 7/30/2008
Compliance Conference (Court Appearance): 10/23/2008
Plaintiff shall provide expert reports by: 2/13/2009
Defendant shall provide expert rebuttal by: 3/13/2009
Depositions of experts shall be completed by: 4/17/2009
Depositions to end: 4/17/2009
Note of issue shall be filed: 5/14/2009

Plaintiff estimates trial will take: 15-20 days
Defendent estimates trial will take: 15-20 days

Of course, all E-filing will be void of documents containing Confidential Information or Attorney's Eyes Only...but perhaps we can get a crack SatelliteGuys reporter to sit in on the trial.;)

If Voom wins, it still won't be back. All Voom will want and get is money. Yeah, if Dish wins, they can go to a different carrier. But there is nothing that stops them from doing that now, except that it seems they won't split up the channels and/or no one else wants them.

Why would Voom not try to generate some revenue here in the states is beyond me. I have money I want to throw at them for their specialty channels?:

Im speechless.:confused:

Reposted from the VOOM Amended Complaint Thread.

Depositions to begin starting: 7/30/2008
Compliance Conference (Court Appearance): 10/23/2008
Plaintiff shall provide expert reports by: 2/13/2009
Defendant shall provide expert rebuttal by: 3/13/2009
Depositions of experts shall be completed by: 4/17/2009
Depositions to end: 4/17/2009
Note of issue shall be filed: 5/14/2009

Plaintiff estimates trial will take: 15-20 days
Defendent estimates trial will take: 15-20 days

Of course, all E-filing will be void of documents containing Confidential Information or Attorney's Eyes Only...but perhaps we can get a crack SatelliteGuys reporter to sit in on the trial.;)

This is going to take awhile

Well the hope is that they work a deal and decide not to waist the time and money but I doubt that will happen.

Why would Voom not try to generate some revenue here in the states is beyond me. I have money I want to throw at them for their specialty channels?:

Im speechless.:confused:

I think there are some at Cablevision that want to see Voom die, too. I think some there wanted to see it die after the DBS service failed. Perhaps they have convinced the bigwigs that they can only accept a deal that all DBS and Cable systems will find unreasonable, like all 15 channels for even more than what Dish was paying.

Or perhaps no one ele wants to carry them. Cable operators don't have room. And Directv made a big deal about them being dumb chanels for Dish to have, so it seems they might not be interested. We will no pretty quick when D11 lights up.

I would think that if some Cablevision bigwigs wanted Voom to die it would have happened already. I think it is good news to this point that they are still alive. I wouldn't be surprised to see Voom repackaged with 5-7 channels somewhere in the future. If D* thinks that they can get an advantage by adding Voom then all that was said will be history. I personally would drop E* the second Voom is signed somewhere else. The only reason why I went to E* in the first place was because of Voom. I'm waiting patiently until I hear something good or bad.

If D* thinks that they can get an advantage by adding Voom then all that was said will be history. I personally would drop E* the second Voom is signed somewhere else. The only reason why I went to E* in the first place was because of Voom. I'm waiting patiently until I hear something good or bad.

With Dish becoming more anti-customer by the minute (see the TurboHD thread!), I took a peek into the Direct forums the other day. There are a lot of people there that don't want Voom. They all have two arguments: "It'll steal bandwidth from our other channels!" and "They repeat everything!" Never mind that any group of channels added would steal bandwidth (or not, depending on what happens with the new satellite), and that lots of other channels repeat everything. (Smithsonian HD, for example, and I don't see anyone complaining about that.) In other words, just as on our forum, there's no discussing the matter rationally :mad:

That's why I'm saying they should close up shop and release their HD content.

I do not see Voom in the near future anywhere.

I was a little harsh (a death-like threat to Voom), so I'm sorry for that.

If the lawsuit is in October, then Voom can wait this out and there is no need to close up. But usually cases with E* do take years in appeals courts (especially if there was a 1 billion award). An attorney I spoke to said corporate lawsuits on this level can run about $20 million in attorney fees, mostly by dragging on in years and appeals.

I would think that if some Cablevision bigwigs wanted Voom to die it would have happened already. I think it is good news to this point that they are still alive. I wouldn't be surprised to see Voom repackaged with 5-7 channels somewhere in the future. If D* thinks that they can get an advantage by adding Voom then all that was said will be history. I personally would drop E* the second Voom is signed somewhere else. The only reason why I went to E* in the first place was because of Voom. I'm waiting patiently until I hear something good or bad.

Cablevision can't just kill Voom, they need to make it look as if E* killed Voom to win 1 billion.

DirecTV's problem with Voom is the 15 pack.

DirecTV and most cutomers do not want 10 Smithsonian-like channels in order to get 5 awesome channels.

DirecTV (and almost any provider) would pick-up Monsters or Filmfest or Fung Fu individually. They might even pick up 5 channels just to carry the most popular like Monsters HD due to customer demand. They will not pick up 15 HD channels to get 1 or 2 people want. There are way bigger and way more popular networks forcing providers to pick up 5, 10, 15 of their channels. They can do that because they have earned a name and a huge demand.

I'm not happy with Dish or Voom, they can both ........

But Voom needs to get over itself just as much as Dish.

DirecTV's problem with Voom is the 15 pack.

DirecTV and most cutomers do not want 10 Smithsonian-like channels in order to get 5 awesome channels.

DirecTV (and almost any provider) would pick-up Monsters or Filmfest or Fung Fu individually. They might even pick up 5 channels just to carry the most popular like Monsters HD due to customer demand. They will not pick up 15 HD channels to get 1 or 2 people want. There are way bigger and way more popular networks forcing providers to pick up 5, 10, 15 of their channels. They can do that because they have earned a name and a huge demand.

I'm not happy with Dish or Voom, they can both ........

But Voom needs to get over itself just as much as Dish.

Where is your proof on the statement in bold? Directv has made fun of voom in their ads. I would think 90% of direct's customers have no interest in those channels. If they were in that much demand I am sure they would be carried.

Voom has made themselves look very bad in the eyes of potential carriers. 1. a failed standalone service 2. failed on Dish 3. breaching contracts on spending 4. constant repeats. What provider wants a piece of that?

Where is your proof on the statement in bold?
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You have made several outlandish mistatements, portrayed them as being facts, and then offer no proof in support of your claims.:rolleyes:
I would think 90% of direct's customers have no interest in those channels.
Other than popular channels like USA, TNT, ESPN, Lifetime, etc., the same can be said of most cable channels. What's your point?:confused:
Voom has made themselves look very bad in the eyes of potential carriers. 1. a failed standalone service 2. failed on Dish 3. breaching contracts on spending 4. constant repeats. What provider wants a piece of that?
...and that would be YOUR opinion.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)