VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yesterday I watched Kurosawa's Yojimbo recorded from Voom's Fu Channel. That's when I truly miss Voom. Great movies in HD without ads, without interruptions, in original aspect ratio, not edited for content, and no stretch-o-vision BS. That's the closest you can get to high quality picture and programming (CINEMA EXPERIENCE) on satellite/cable, except for very few *overpriced* premium channels that I don't want to subscribe to.

Very good point. And most of the premium channels are not OAR. Showtime is not sure about Starz.

Sorry, but the way you put it in your post made it sound like a statement not an opinion. When you say "DirecTV (and almost any provider) would pick-up Monsters or Filmfest or Fung Fu individually." Make it sound like Direct has approached Voom about individual channels. In this thread that is just adding more fuel to the fire.

How so? He said would. I agree if Voom cut the # of channels down they would have more of a chance of getting signed. And this a reply from you taken from the Monsters hd thread.

"Another Voomer trying to stir a dead thread up. Probably one of the people Scott mentioned that has registered multiple accounts. It is amazing how many voom supporters have joined the site since the channels were cut."

Your agenda is easy to understand. We have one thread left why don't you show some class and take your comments somewhere else?

There is a differennce between "more of a chance''and "providers would have picked it up."

But frankly at this point some people will attack VOOM for any reason and some others will say almost anything to defend it.

How so? He said would. I agree if Voom cut the # of channels down they would have more of a chance of getting signed. And this a reply from you taken from the Monsters hd thread.

"Another Voomer trying to stir a dead thread up. Probably one of the people Scott mentioned that has registered multiple accounts. It is amazing how many voom supporters have joined the site since the channels were cut."

Your agenda is easy to understand. We have one thread left why don't you show some class and take your comments somewhere else?

If he would have put... I think Directv would pick-up Monster individually, then that would be an opinion.

How is my reply a lie? Scott said that people were registering multiple accounts to make it seem like there was more interest in Voom. That reply was made by a person with only one post in a thread that hadn't been replied to for a month. A fellow Voomer even said "It's a troll, they only have one post.". That was posted before my reply.

. Scott said that people were registering multiple accounts to make it seem like there was more interest in Voom. .
Yes ,Thats Truth ,Just like that Bogus Petition to bring Voom back. People voted multiple times. Like that wouldn't go unnoticed:rolleyes:, Just like voom repeating the same shows all day long, That didn't go unnoticed either.;)

Decided to post King Fu Instead:

12:20 am 2000 AD
2:05 am THE YAKUZA PAPERS 4: POLICE TACTICS
3:50 am THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
6:10 am TIGER CAGE
7:50 am THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
10:10 am 2000 AD
11:55 am THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
2:15 pm TIGER CAGE
3:55 pm 2000 AD
5:40 pm THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
8:00 pm SAMURAI 1: MUSASHI MIYAMOTO
9:35 pm SAMURAI 2: DUEL AT ICHIJOJI TEMPLE
11:20 pm SAMURAI 3: DUEL AT GANRYU ISLAND

... Just like voom repeating the same shows all day long...

Yeah cuz there's no repeats on any other package of channels... :rolleyes:

I'd rather eat filet mignon three times a day than cat dung, which is what most of the programming is on the channels we have now.

The repeated programming argument is stupid since ALL channels repeat. I see programming from the 80s and 90s on all the Joe SixPack channels right now.

REPEATS

So, I will repeat again - Filet versus crap - we know your choice!

:D

To be fair, just because someone isn't on your side doesn't make them a "hater" or a troll. There are 2 sides to every story, and they both should be told. This thread shouldn't be a "Dish is evil and killed Voom!!! Dish hates true HD!!!" gripefest. You can certainly miss Voom, but their mistakes are valid points as well, just as Dish's mistakes are.
As you well noticed, I mentioned no names. However, it is obvious when a person who has stated they would rather see 15 channels of high quality HD programming with no interruptions and broadcast in OAR go away so they can have 15 channels of stretched, upscaled, ad ridden, edited repeating content makes comments continuously that Voom is dead, Voom is gone, Voom was a waste of space, Voom was boring, Voom was etc... so get over it because we're better off now without Voom. When this kind of commenting is posted as a reply to the same people repeatedly day after day, we can see the truth of their position.

True, But for half the price of VOOM,I could watch Blockbuster Hits From the 1990's-the 2000's, not the same 4 movies day after day for the last 2 years from the 1950's through the 1970's No Thank you!

Ok, I can agree with that.

I have recently considered what I pay for satellite and I'm almost to the point of shipping it all back and just using OTA and dvds / BDs since many of the shows and series I like are on disk now or are being released. $1K plus per year would make for a very nice library of content and a good BD player.

Ok, I can agree with that.

I have recently considered what I pay for satellite and I'm almost to the point of shipping it all back and just using OTA and dvds / BDs since many of the shows and series I like are on disk now or are being released. $1K plus per year would make for a very nice library of content and a good BD player.
I agree with this as well. Voom HD was the best PQ. Really good PQ now,seems very hard to come by. I just want some new channels.

Decided to post King Fu Instead:

12:20 am 2000 AD
2:05 am THE YAKUZA PAPERS 4: POLICE TACTICS
3:50 am THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
6:10 am TIGER CAGE
7:50 am THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
10:10 am 2000 AD
11:55 am THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
2:15 pm TIGER CAGE
3:55 pm 2000 AD
5:40 pm THE HIDDEN FORTRESS
8:00 pm SAMURAI 1: MUSASHI MIYAMOTO
9:35 pm SAMURAI 2: DUEL AT ICHIJOJI TEMPLE
11:20 pm SAMURAI 3: DUEL AT GANRYU ISLAND

thanks for the variety. It doesn't really address the issue of repeats over a month and they have one movie playing four times and another one three times on the same day but thanks.

Unfortunately, subscribers that know how to appreciate content and quality like us are a minority. The craziness about this situation is that, despite our willingness to pay extra to have Voom in a premium tier, Voom didn't want to play the niche game and have us as costumers. Otherwise they would have accepted the initial proposal by Dish to be relocated in the upper tier. People like me with HD Absolute would probably not even have been affected.

I take a different view. I think that Dish never should have made them a different tier just to placate the complainers. I don't see them offering to make ESPN and Disney a different tier to save me money. (And pretty soon I'll be able to say the same thing about the whole MTV multiplex if they keep going the way they are now. VH1 Classic is about the only one of the original channels that's still useful, nowadays there's MHD but guess what, it repeats almost as much as Rave did plus it's censored!)

However...

In other words, it doesn't look to me like Voom wants to sell content to us. It looks more and more as if their game is to close shop and try to run with the bounty.

That part I agree with. If they were really interested in providing programming anymore, they would aggressively be seeking carriage on every operator for any channel they could sell.

You know what I miss....

...I miss the weekly La Liga matches on VOOM's WorldSportHD channel, along with the chats we used to have during the game. Surprising, since I am not a soccer fan, but the broadcasting crew was pretty darn good, and chatting with some top-notch fans (and people too) was a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.:(

...I miss the VOOM movie channels, especially the original VOOM Cinema10.:(

...I miss the old VOOM HD Sideshow (great stuff in this thread...like Ace Tickle, Fredini, Throwdini, etc.).:(

...I miss KungFu Ass-Kick of the Day!:(

...I miss their Award Winning Service.:(

...but I don't miss the VOOM Guide Guy!:)

It's crazy that people are saying I need to word things just such a way. Total BS. But Whatever...

I miss Voom, but it's gone and they have a bad attitude. Their recent responce to the lawsuit was total crap and with that it became crystal clear that Voom is only investing in the 1 billion lawsuit. Even Voom is saying "Screw Voom".

Dish is full of crap too for more reasons that I can count. Voom is just one. But I am happy that they are finally replacing Voom with 12 or so Premium HDs in the HBO and Starz paks. I said I would shut-up about Voom is they did that.

This Voom thread is dead to me on August 1st.

Dish is also dead to me in four more months when moving. because 1) I'm unhappy with the way Dish Network is managed as a business and 2) the final nail in the coffin is Dish's complete lack of full SD and HD service Hawaii. Two 622 DVRs and one PocketDish are far from enough to keep me with Dish at this point.

Charlie still needs to pull a big ass rabbit out of his magic TV hat to change my mind.

Yeah cuz there's no repeats on any other package of channels... :rolleyes:

I'd rather eat filet mignon three times a day than cat dung, which is what most of the programming is on the channels we have now.

The repeated programming argument is stupid since ALL channels repeat. I see programming from the 80s and 90s on all the Joe SixPack channels right now.

REPEATS

So, I will repeat again - Filet versus crap - we know your choice!

:D

I just took a look at the Monsters Hd schedule for August and most of the movies repeat more than several times in a day but on different days and weeks. I will say it is much better than when they were on Dish.

Problem is that I don't think I saw anything that was new. I am almost positive that these were the same movies I saw a year ago.

Although other channels do show repeats they do also have new content.

People with DVRs could have easily cataloged the shows/movies that they would want to watch in a few months and have no further need to sub to the channels.

I will say it again...I loved Voom when I first got it but quickly felt ripped off after seeing what the had to offer after a few months. When the option came to drop them and pay less, I did. Apparently, a lot of people did.

I just took a look at the Monsters Hd schedule for August and most of the movies repeat more than several times in a day but on different days and weeks. I will say it is much better than when they were on Dish.

Problem is that I don't think I saw anything that was new. I am almost positive that these were the same movies I saw a year ago.

Although other channels do show repeats they do also have new content.

People with DVRs could have easily cataloged the shows/movies that they would want to watch in a few months and have no further need to sub to the channels.

I will say it again...I loved Voom when I first got it but quickly felt ripped off after seeing what the had to offer after a few months. When the option came to drop them and pay less, I did. Apparently, a lot of people did.

We got your point many days ago. We understand what your opinion is. Why repeat the same thing over and over? You repeat yourself 5x more than Voom did.

I could ask the same of you.:D

You have a point but my participation in this thread is not to make others angry and put them down. Ex- I think Hdnet is a lousy channel. I have watched it maybe 5 times in three years. Do I put people down who like it- no.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts