VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You have a point but my participation in this thread is not to make others angry and put them down. Ex- I think Hdnet is a lousy channel. I have watched it maybe 5 times in three years. Do I put people down who like it- no.

I can't wait to infiltrate one of his threads and post garbage......Wait, I have better things to do with my life. Obviously, he doesn't.

:p

You have a point but my participation in this thread is not to make others angry and put them down. Ex- I think Hdnet is a lousy channel. I have watched it maybe 5 times in three years. Do I put people down who like it- no.

No, but Hdnet still is on Dish. If there was a thread dedicated to the lack of programming that someone likes or dislikes in the DISH HD DISCUSSIONS forum it would make sense. Then you would have every right to post how you felt pro or con in that thread.

If you want I could make that thread for you. I could title it Hdnet didn't go boom. On the other hand a post could be made about why you have to pay$10 more for Hdnet movies when you don't enjoy their content. That is a channel which I don't think is worth paying extra money for also.

Problem is that I don't think I saw anything that was new. I am almost positive that these were the same movies I saw a year ago.

Although other channels do show repeats they do also have new content.

People with DVRs could have easily cataloged the shows/movies that they would want to watch in a few months and have no further need to sub to the channels.

I see the same movies showing on all the premium channels and only a handful of new ones each month, EXACTLY like Voom. If you go to the forum area where a monthly update was posted of what was new on Voom, even in the period of time when a lot of repeating was going on, new shows and news episodes were being released every month. You could not catalog their entire library because new content was coming out every month.

If anyone objectively compared those posts and then did an analysis of all the channels still on, you will find the exact smae thing going on with repeats versus new content. Vooms method of showing the repeats is what some people got annoyed with. If you only watched one or two Voom channels, you had to wait a month to get new content again, just like the premiums.

Voom was better than what we have now and I doubt we will ever see that kind of quality again. Good shows get cancelled every year but the stupid reality shows keep multiplying. I guess you don't need to pay writers for a reality show.

I'd rather eat filet three times a day...

Also, I am not putting people down for liking the voom channels.I said myself I loved voom when I first had it. I do think it is time to let it go. They will not be back on Dish. They screwed up. If they would have spent some more money on programming or consolidated channels they would probably still be on Dish.

No, but Hdnet still is on Dish. If there was a thread dedicated to the lack of programming that someone likes or dislikes in the DISH HD DISCUSSIONS forum it would make sense. Then you would have every right to post how you felt pro or con in that thread.

If you want I could make that thread for you. I could title it Hdnet didn't go boom. On the other hand a post could be made about why you have to pay$10 more for Hdnet movies when you don't enjoy their content. That is a channel which I don't think is worth paying extra money for also.

I do like hdnet movies but not hdnet. Still not worth $10. Voom was on E* for a few years and its only natural for people to want to discuss channels that were abruptly removed. I think many of us are still holding out hope for E* to add a few back.

I see the same movies showing on all the premium channels and only a handful of new ones each month, EXACTLY like Voom. If you go to the forum area where a monthly update was posted of what was new on Voom, even in the period of time when a lot of repeating was going on, new shows and news episodes were being released every month. You could not catalog their entire library because new content was coming out every month.

If anyone objectively compared those posts and then did an analysis of all the channels still on, you will find the exact smae thing going on with repeats versus new content. Vooms method of showing the repeats is what some people got annoyed with. If you only watched one or two Voom channels, you had to wait a month to get new content again, just like the premiums.

Voom was better than what we have now and I doubt we will ever see that kind of quality again. Good shows get cancelled every year but the stupid reality shows keep multiplying. I guess you don't need to pay writers for a reality show.

I'd rather eat filet three times a day...

I never saw much if any new content on the channels that I watched. Can you point me to the spot where these posts are? I couldn't seem to find them when I looked.

Also, I am not putting people down for liking the voom channels.I said myself I loved voom when I first had it. I do think it is time to let it go. They will not be back on Dish. They screwed up. If they would have spent some more money on programming or consolidated channels they would probably still be on Dish.

You don't know anything about what is and what is going to happen. Neither do I but I don't make comments that " Voom will or will not be back on E". How do you know this? You make these comments like you are Charlies boy. Are you Charlies boy?

What was the last New Movie you saw on Voom? Release date?
New to Voom...

After watching the 2 or 3 new release movies, if you even care about the ones they show, the rest are the same swill they have shown for the last 20 years.

So Premiums are worth the $10/mo or more for 3 new releases that I don't even care to watch that have been zoomed from OAR to 16x9?

You don't know anything about what is and what is going to happen. Neither do I but I don't make comments that " Voom will or will not be back on E". How do you know this? You make these comments like you are Charlies boy. Are you Charlies boy?

Nope I am Roberts boy (that's my Dad). I am willing to bet that Voom will not be back on. Soon there won't be enough room left. Then once the trail starts, which may go on for years. I don't think they could add them until it after a decision. By then I don't think the channels will even exist.

Nope I am Roberts boy (that's my Dad). I am willing to bet that Voom will not be back on. Soon there won't be enough room left. Then once the trail starts, which may go on for years. I don't think they could add them until it after a decision. By then I don't think the channels will even exist.

Not to be confused with me.

Nothing wrong with older movies. Monsters (Halloween, Exorcist, Omen). They had some recent movies mixed in.
I didn't say there was , But Voom can't be compaired to HBO, Cinemax, Starz,Showtime. They all have Brand new movies. Brand new to Voom means 20 years old. Don't try to make Voom out to be AMC, Because thats not what it was. Or its intent , Thats why there was 15 channels, They all weren't classic movie channels . They were broke ,and thats best they could do. It was a dying HD package.

I didn't say there was , But Voom can't be compaired to HBO, Cinemax, Starz,Showtime. They all have Brand new movies. Brand new to Voom means 20 years old. Don't try to make Voom out to be AMC, Because thats not what it was. Or its intent , Thats why there was 15 channels, They all weren't classic movie channels . They were broke ,and thats best they could do. It was a dying HD package.
To imply that Filmfest and WorldCinema played only 20 year old movies, or that Voom didnt show brand new movies because they 'were broke' is bunk. You never liked Voom, we get it. You are not their target demographic, thank god. You take every opportunity available to you to call Voom crap, so there is little point in discussing why those of us who like Voom like it. You hear the woosh?

I never saw much if any new content on the channels that I watched. Can you point me to the spot where these posts are? I couldn't seem to find them when I looked.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd...15-voom-channels-post1370769.html#post1370769

Here's the problem - There are those claiming that Voom has been showing the same thing for 3 years and that if you ran your dvr long enough you would not need to ever watch Voom again. That is not correct. Voom content for the most part did not consist of first run programming from other channels or current movies either so people looking for something familiar couldn't find that either unless it was from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Even some things from early 2000s would show up occasionally but it consisted of mostly content not seen anywhere else. However, even though the recognizable content was from the 70s, 80s, and 90s it was very high quality HD in OAR format without interruption. The premium channels are 99% the same thing only most movies are not presented in OAR.

I didn't say there was , But Voom can't be compaired to HBO, Cinemax, Starz,Showtime. They all have Brand new movies.
Maybe 2 or 3 a month and mostly stuff nobody looked at in the theater.

99% of Premiums is the same as Voom movies only not presented in OAR.

Brand new to Voom means 20 years old. Don't try to make Voom out to be AMC, Because thats not what it was. Or its intent , Thats why there was 15 channels, They all weren't classic movie channels . They were broke ,and thats best they could do. It was a dying HD package.

Now that's why there will never be an end to this back and forth. Most of Voom's content was current but not from the theater - it was original content. Movies shown on Voom could range from the 60s all the way up to a few years previous. Nobody said Voom was like AMC - AMC is crap ad ridden useless these days. I wouldn't take money to watch it. Most of Voom's channels also had new content regularly but once again it was original programming not JoeSixpack top 40 features.

To imply that Filmfest and WorldCinema played only 20 year old movies, or that Voom didnt show brand new movies because they 'were broke' is bunk. You never liked Voom, we get it. You are not their target demographic, thank god. You take every opportunity available to you to call Voom crap, so there is little point in discussing why those of us who like Voom like it. You hear the woosh?
Because I dislike something doesn't change facts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)