VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
World Sport is my favorite Voom channel, I would hate to lose it. Having La Liga in HD is great.

I'm really going to miss that one-I like to watch the CFL in season.

Not much interested in the constant reruns, though.

Apologist said:
With the addition of these new 22 channels and the loss of Voom we have actually lost more HD than gained. With the exception of a few of these new channels most show only a few hours of hd a week.

Yep, I really hated that several of the new "HD" channels were showing movies in 4x3 SD last night. I understand old series not being in HD, but movies?

I hear that.

Why the &^%@# must they toy with our emotions? I've been looking forward to GameplayHD (I know, no one agrees with me) for two months, and now that my new TV is within 200 miles of my house, pffft, out the window.

I have been maintaining my own chart of DirecTV vs Dish (ignoring all the RSNs), and I was soooo excited this morning that Dish finally pulled ahead of Dish in HD content by 6 channels or so. Now, of course, Dish is back down under DirecTV by two channels. If your counts don't match mine, that's not the point. The point is that Dish can't even seem to get a good day right.

Today, they killed all the individual character that was Dish. Time to reevaluate (for the first time in two months) if DirecTV might not be a better choice.

BLAH!

If it was possible to get Voom any way, I would seek it out. Sadly, I do not see this happening. Can you imagine if Dish cared. These are not the five I watched most. What should I do?

This is a riot! You got to love how clever Charlie is but you also have to wonder when if ever he's going to get burned.

You put out a Sunday night press release to get everyone talking about how great Dish finally adding a ton of HD. "Dish now has 95+ HD channels!!!!!!"

The following day you release some really bad subscriber growth numbers and then quietly lower your 95 channel HD number back to 85 channels.

If I were DirectTV my marketing team would be burning the midnight oil today and making new commercials about how Dish gives you Bait and Switch HD content.

Im also wondering how many mainstream news sites (USAToday and the like) are going to pick up on the 10 channel drop. If enough of them point this out to the general public Dish is not going to be looking very good IMHO.

Personal side comment:

I have to say I am happy to see more mainstream content that most subs care about coming to Dish. VOOM didnt do it for me or many others and PERSONALLY I am glad Dish opened up some bandwidth for more HD to come. With that said I'm sorry to those who actually did watch those channels to have them pulled out from under you with no warning.

Maybe Dish will settle up with Fox now and add some SpeedHD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets go racin' boys!

I ordered the HD Ultimate last night at 10pm EST.

Haha I was sold on the fact that I was getting MUCH more HD at $10 a month, and was really looking forward to MGMHD.

Right in the middle of checking out my NEW channels, poof. Haha

It was kinda funny.

To me personally, it wasn't worth another $10 a month for 10 more channels, if the extra fluff was there, fine, but now, to me it wasn't.

I did a chat with some terrorist, took about 20 mins, and he removed the HD Ultimate from my account, didn't charge me to downgrade, and didn't charge me for the 2 hours I had it.

No loss, but now, I will wait and see if they make Ultimate more tempting to me again.

I hope they leave the new setup the way it is, to me 5 Voom channels is better than none. I am worried though that they may try to get rid of the rest of the channels.

I did a chat with some terrorist, took about 20 mins, and he removed the HD Ultimate from my account, didn't charge me to downgrade, and didn't charge me for the 2 hours I had it.

there is no reason for you to make a redneck comment like this.

Seriously people maybe this will make voom condense their channels the 1-5 it should be rather than the 15+ of very little content which is what it was..

Have news popup every hour or two to give the heads up on a channel that shows content from at least 4+ channels.. condense the damn things so we don't see a repeat every 6-12 hours.. lets up it to say.. once ever 3-7 days for repeats?

Seriously people maybe this will make voom condense their channels the 1-5 it should be rather than the 15+ of very little content which is what it was..

Have news popup every hour or two to give the heads up on a channel that shows content from at least 4+ channels.. condense the damn things so we don't see a repeat every 6-12 hours.. lets up it to say.. once ever 3-7 days for repeats?

I agree. Voom has to re-evaluate what they have to stay afloat now. And who's to say Voom isn't the one behind the removal of these 10 to begin with.

there is no reason for you to make a redneck comment like this.

See, there is a better chance of that guy being a terrorist being from where he is from, then me being a redneck, being from Jersey.

And please, refrain from displaying your lack of a sense of humor in the thread when you could have done this in a PM.

Take care!!!

Back to the subject, perhaps there is some more moves in the pipes. No one knows for sure. These are all niche channels, I have see that discussed here in great length. Maybe a SPIKE HD or something is in the works. We know with the failed sat that space is limited.

Who knows right now, I think the Team Summit will be more interesting now. This has to be addressed there.

Well, at least the 3 Voom channels are still on ExpressVu.

Treasure, Equator, UltraHD

I will miss Family Room. I love Flipper and Thunderbirds
I can't believe they pulled off Voom Movies. Finally, a good Voom Movie Channel and its gone.

So are they doing this again? Running 15 channels and we see 5, ExpressVu sees 3 but VOOM actually runs 15?

Deja vu for when VOOM was a satellite provider and Voom went boom then!

So their reason to remove these channels was to make room for the new ones???

So they say.

We here at Sat guys know that is complete B#$% S#&*!!!!!!!

There was room for 10 or 12 hd on 61.5 before they removed these!!!

So they say.

There must have been room. They put the new up before pulling the 10 Vooms.

So they say.

But I think most are missing the point as to why they were removed.

Ignore the slate they have up now, and realize that we, on the forum here, are IN THE KNOW.

The new channels co-existed with Voom for a few house, so the space is there.

A few days ago, there was a story here about Dish wanting out of Voom because they didn't spend enough on new content.

This is a contract issue, hence the 12am thing. Most turn on's take place at like 2pm est on a wed.

This was a notice to Voom I would bet. "Do this or we will drop 1/2 the content effective midnight 5/12, do THIS or we will drop Voom entirely at midnight 5/31, or whatever"

This Voom thing isn't over, I would assume.

But I think most are missing the point as to why they were removed.

Ignore the slate they have up now, and realize that we, on the forum here, are IN THE KNOW.

The new channels co-existed with Voom for a few house, so the space is there.

A few days ago, there was a story here about Dish wanting out of Voom because they didn't spend enough on new content.

This is a contract issue, hence the 12am thing. Most turn on's take place at like 2pm est on a wed.

This was a notice to Voom I would bet. "Do this or we will drop 1/2 the content effective midnight 5/12, do THIS or we will drop Voom entirely at midnight 5/31, or whatever"

This Voom thing isn't over, I would assume.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I understand why it was done, I am just pointing out the fact what Dish is saying that they NEEDED space for the new ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)