VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can still get them from Interactive Optimum also. But are these enough to keep them alive?

If I could get them in my area I would.

June 30th the contract is up with Cablevision, so later this month Cablevision subscribers will know if the channels are going to be renewed for carriage, since notice is given 30 days in advance of programming changes, as required by law to allow downgrades and cancellation without penalty in the state of NY.

i still havent seen any hd on 5maxhd, even movies that were/are shown on cinemax in hd:confused:

How many channels have people seen actual HD content on? I can only think of a couple (the CNBC ticker and TWC local forcast window doesn't count).

.....you are a TROLL, who doesn't even subscribe to DISH Network.

You don't know me at all.

oh, really?
-----------------------------
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...should-begin-prepare-your-second-funeral.html
jacmyoung said:
Hey VOOMers, should begin to prepare for your second funeral

Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

---------------------------------
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1355048-post71.html
Thank you Scott for the great news, Charlie did come through for all HD subs, I speak as a D* HD sub.

----------------------------------
Now, tell us, do you subscribe to Dish Network programming?

Last edited:
As Dish was charging $10 for the Voom only package at one time. All subs with Voom channels in their package should get a $10 discount. This really pissed me off.
22 new channels - 15 Vooms = 7.
Congrats to all those who dropped Dish for Direct Tv.

As Dish was charging $10 for the Voom only package at one time. All subs with Voom channels in their package should get a $10 discount. This really pissed me off.
22 new channels - 15 Vooms = 7.
Congrats to all those who dropped Dish for Direct Tv.

Many of us couldn't today because of their "technical" glitch. I know it's a pipedream, but I hope Rainbow talks with D* about picking of the channels (although I thought D* already said no a long time ago).

Why for? Just because Dish doesn't have what you want? Everything is fine by me but WTF do we need a fishing channel for?

Isn't that the point? If Dish doesn't have what a customer wants, why keep it?

You can get DirecTV (with a lot more channels) for a lot less than the $140 bill I am paying now with far less content. The only reason I was paying the bill was for the Voom content. Now that it's gone why bother paying the premium?

Isn't that the point? If Dish doesn't have what a customer wants, why keep it?

You can get DirecTV (with a lot more channels) for a lot less than the $140 bill I am paying now with far less content. The only reason I was paying the bill was for the Voom content. Now that it's gone why bother paying the premium?

That's what I pay. It's 100% clear now Dish has lost all advantage across the board on content and price. I don't see how they can best Direct TV.
DirecTV vs Dish Network HD Comparison
Direct TV even has a nice page on their site.
DIRECTV: vs Dish Network

I only have two reasons to stick around.
1. Massive amount of content I have on my DVR I can't get anywhere else.
2. Possible slight advantage in HD picture quality.

I'm going to look at your thread.

I really think we need to start a new thread for those of us who are now seriously planning on moving over to D*. There is a lot to learn.

I'm so familiar with E* (and the equipment) and have been with them since they launched their DBS service (heck many years before that we had a BUD and an Echostar receiver, it was a decent receiver!)

I'd like to know more about their equipment/receivers is there some kind of non-corporate FAQ somewhere? What is the best deal we can get coming in as a new subscriber. What are the channels we gain or lose going with D*. Standard contract lengths, hidden fees and such. A new / switching subscriber FAQ would be awesome.! I guess I'll go over to the D* side of the board and search it out.

I realize it may sound lame me wanting to switch due to VOOM going away. I think this recent VOOM blunder may have just pushed me over the edge. There have been a lot of bonehead moves with E* (also with D*) over the past years and it only seems to be getting worse and we have a stubborned "Poker Player" / Gambler named Charlie to blame for these stupid decisions and long and often unnecessary litigations, which I can imagine are taking money / quality from the service and eqipment.

To use more stupid poker vernacular... the stakes are getting to high for me and I feel like folding and jumping to another game with a more attractive buy in.

We all railed on D* for the years of HD neglect (which was very true and I was so proud to be one of the E* HD Elite subs while D* subs suffered channels turning off). Then they made the 100 channel promise which we all made fun of but man, you have to hand it to them they are delivering (even if some are HD slates) and their big HD initiative seems to have forced providers to pay attention and start creating HD channels.

Now if any of you had the guts you would have already canceled DISH. BTW if you do wish to switch to DirecTV do not miss my thread in the DirecTV Forum, where you would agree it was the best deal ever.

Now I am going to soon start a new thread in the Dishnetwork Forum on how to get the best deal for the DISH HDs, as soon as they make the 100 HDs goal.

HDTV for all folks! It's Charlie's turn.

I am very upset about World/FFilm, Kungfu,and Monsters.
I am with you 100%. I'm now dropping Dish because without Kung Fu and Monsters there isn't a reason for me to keep them. Those channels were the reason I decided to go with Dish to begin with. Good bye Dish, they could've added 100 new HD channels and it still wouldn't matter. Kung Fu played some rare stuff and most of it looked great.. Seven Samurai anyone? The Zatoichi movies all looked amazing. I'm not happy at all right now.

BTW abricko I'm gonna be making the switch within the next week.

Without Voom to keep me around, D* looks mighty tempting. I can get TCM in the lower tier, and add Fox Soccer Channel and GolTV in the sports package if I want. No Cinemax for a penny, but other than that, very appealing.

Seven Samurai was one of many excellent HD Kurosawa transfers that I won't be able to watch (still have High and Low on the DVR, but never caught The Bad Sleep Well.)

To build on what Abricko said, it's pretty disappointing to wait for MGM HD all this time, only to find out that I can't have it and Voom at the same time anyway.

I am with you 100%. I'm now dropping Dish because without Kung Fu and Monsters there isn't a reason for me to keep them. Those channels were the reason I decided to go with Dish to begin with. Good bye Dish, they could've added 100 new HD channels and it still wouldn't matter. Kung Fu played some rare stuff and most of it looked great.. Seven Samurai anyone? The Zatoichi movies all looked amazing. I'm not happy at all right now.

BTW abricko I'm gonna be making the switch within the next week.

Another good reason, I was just starting to watch the Zatoichi movies. Great stuff that NO ONE else has! I wish we could do something.

I am sad to see VOOM go away, When i switched to D* in March, Monsters was the one channel i hated to lose. I guess i would have lost it anyway.:(

Why, Dish? Why? I loved monsters hd, and gameplay hd. Im telling ya, if direct ends up getting voom its bye bye dish, Might be bye bye anyway. As soon as i thought they were getting their heads out of their butts they pull this S***. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts