VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
$300

Yeh, let's wait till you really find out what it's going to cost you. Check around on the threads. Barely anyone is moving. Who wants to fork out 3-$400.00 for what will be a draw in a three or four months. Grass is alway greener on the other side until you have to pay the toll to get there.

That's the olny thing that has stopped me from jumping ship now. Gonna give E* a mnth or 2 to see what happens but really thinking about going D*. I have told E* this too (not about the 300 but that I'm thinking about leaving).

Last edited:
Yeh, let's wait till you really find out what it's going to cost you. Check around on the threads. Barely anyone is moving. Who wants to fork out 3-$400.00 for what will be a draw in a three or four months. Grass is alway greener on the other side until you have to pay the toll to get there.

Its not the money that matters to me, I want to be happy with my service and I will pay a little extra to have it. I was extremely happy with Dish but now not soo much.

Dont get me wrong I am not going to jump right away I want to wait a little because they may work out another deal or something.

This still doesn't change the reason I went with Dish vs DirectTV to begin with. Availability of Locals.

DirecTV doesn't offer them, Dish does (even if, still, in SD).

Since I have only distant availability of OTA (meaning it cuts out at times), it is nice to have it via satellite as backup.

The big news for me is the last of the major networks (NBC) has, finally, gone HD as of 2 days ago.

That's the olny thing that has stopped me from jumping ship now. Gonna give E* a mnth or 2 to see what happens but really thinking about going D*. I have told E* this too (not about the 399 but that I'm thinking about leaving).
From what Scott said, it doesn't sound like Voom will ever be coming back. I'll wait a few weeks and see what happens, but since it no longer makes sense for me to pay for both Dish and cable, I'll have to cancel one or the other. If Dish has HD-Lite, then cable has HD-a-little-less-lite, and I'll stick with the better HD picture quality.

Without Voom, I will either go to cable or Direct after my DIU agreement expires. These other options offer more HD locals for me in the NYC DMA. WPIX-DT (uplinked I know), WWOR-DT and the RSN YES SD and HD. MSG and MSG+ is there as well in HD. Cable will even give me WNET-DT (PBS).

Voom is why I stayed with Dish and I never would have upgraded (and committed) last January if I knew this was going to happen. Another 13 months to go and I will be gone.

Regardless of what Scott said about now understanding what has happened but cannot say, I have been screwed and I will be departing Dish when my contract is up if this mess isn't cleaned up soon.

It's getting a little tiring reading these many posts from people trying to keep track of the litigation between Dish and VOOM if for no other reason that everyone interperts the goings on differently. The last thing I read from Scott was that it doesn't look too good for VOOM returning.

I think I'm like most subs that miss VOOM in that I don't really want to follow any litigation or assign blame to either party. I just want VOOM back and if need be, I'll pay extra to get it back. Maybe if Charlie realizes he can put VOOM back and pay the VOOM subscriber fee and pass that along plus a little more he may relent. Make the VOOM channels a separate tier. Call me crazy but I think if VOOM becomes receptive to a restructering of the contract, Charlie may just relent but this probably won't happen until the court case is ended

I am not sure that the separate tier for VOOM is even on the table anywhere except her. I would watch some VOOM cntent if it reappears but I persoanlly would not pay for it. But I am not against aht asa way for others to see it.

Dont know if thats true but I hope they realize there is more money in having more HD channels.

Dont know if thats true but I hope they realize there is more money in having more HD channels.

They realize it that is why they have no problem putting up more supposed hd channels that have 10% hd. If people request it and pay for it E* will continue to add these channels. Take SCIFI- How much hd does that channel show per week. Maybe 4-5 hours??? Your talking about a guy that counts blank screens with an hd logos as actual hd channels.

"How much does that channel show per week. Maybe 4-5 hours???"

This is a huge issue for me, if their going to list it has HD, 95% of all the programming on that channel should be HD content. Anything less they should call it was it is "NOT HD"

Missing VOOM is a big deal if you were a early adopter of real HD. Now their just filling up space with partial HD wan-a- be programming.
bnw

I would gladly pay extra to keep voom hands down..Charlie needs to give the subs a choice.
Again, I have both dish and direc tv and their lineup is now almost identical...

It really sucks.

"How much does that channel show per week. Maybe 4-5 hours???"

This is a huge issue for me, if their going to list it has HD, 95% of all the programming on that channel should be HD content. Anything less they should call it was it is "NOT HD"

Missing VOOM is a big deal if you were a early adopter of real HD. Now their just filling up space with partial HD wan-a- be programming.
bnw

I agree. If I wanted to watch something on SCIFI I would have no problem watching the sd channel. We don't need two sd channels. These channels have no business labeling themselves hd.

Dish people...

Don't forget that new satellites are going up this year, expanding DISH's capabilities.

Why switch (to punish DISH) when they are about to kick DirectTV's ass. Smart for DISH to let DirecTV upgrade first, then DISH can see what they did and make it even better.

I can see all these DISH people switching to DirecTV, only to be pissed again in 6 months when the new birds are in the air and DISH kicks DirecTV's HD butt again.

Voom lookes bad now, but I still have hope. I believe Voom is in the wrong and DISH may benefit in the end.

Charlie is a ruthless corporate monster, not good to mess with people like that.

Dish people...

Don't forget that new satellites are going up this year, expanding DISH's capabilities.

Why switch (to punish DISH) when they are about to kick DirectTV's ass. Smart for DISH to let DirecTV upgrade first, then DISH can see what they did and make it even better.

I can see all these DISH people switching to DirecTV, only to be pissed again in 6 months when the new birds are in the air and DISH kicks DirecTV's HD butt again.

Voom lookes bad now, but I still have hope. I believe Voom is in the wrong and DISH may benefit in the end.

Charlie is a ruthless corporate monster, not good to mess with people like that.

Is that you Charlie? :)

Dish people...

That would make sense if D* werent doing the same thing in regards to sats. They just launched one that goes on line later this year, and have another that is slated for next year(?)

In the end, capacity will be fairly equal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts