VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would watch paint drying if it were shown in HD

Well you are going to be very happy when E* finally adds PDN-HD (the Paint Drying Network HD) to the premium lineup right next to the Fishing Network HDl! I just wished they'd show more of the paint drying in true HD and not in SD (although rumor has it they are recording a lot of paint drying in HD now and will begin showing it later when new fall season begins).

for the record, MHD is one huge repeat.. i haven't checked, but im betting that the Radiohead concert will be on at some point tonight, just like the last ten times i've checked that station. Good show.. but none the less.

The repeats just got real bad the past 6 months before they fixed the schedules. Before that the schedules were fine there were repeats but it was still not bad. I just hope we will find out something soon.

Voom's website (VOOM HD Networks) is now stating that it was dish networks decision to pull the channels and to contact dish with complaints.

Apparently dish cares nothing about their customer base in doing something
like this. Trading this programming for what, HD locals?

Duh. Well of course it was Dish's sole decision. But that doesn't mean Voom was innocent in this situation. It's rather obvious they weren't spending much money on new programming since they were repeating so heavily.

That being said, I would still like at least 5 of the Voom channels back that I enjoyed. I doubt we'll ever see all 15 channels return...

The repeats just got real bad the past 6 months before they fixed the schedules. Before that the schedules were fine there were repeats but it was still not bad. I just hope we will find out something soon.

correct. the last few months it got a lot worse indicating that they weren't spending the amount of money that was agreed on. before that i thought voom was good. but with voom now suing E for money i think that's it for voomhd

Nope...definitely not the way to make friends and influence enemies.

Voom should just agree that they screwed up and agree to fix it. That would likely get them back on the sat and actually making money and doing something as opposed to their current situation.

Those six months were from the time Dish threatened to drop Voom to a lower tier and Voom filing it's lawsuits to the day the judge threw out the temporary injunction to stop Dish from doing that. Days later Voom added new programming (including their kick ass June schedule and premier of the Thing [Which I guess can be see on Sci-Fi HD with commercials soon]), but within weeks, Dish cut them off.

Those 6 months of Voom repeats were probably on purpose while Dish was threatening them.

Those six months were from the time Dish threatened to drop Voom to a lower tier and Voom filing it's lawsuits to the day the judge threw out the temporary injunction to stop Dish from doing that. Days later, Voom was off the air.

Those 6 months of Voom repeats were probably on purpose while Dish was threatening them.
Actually, the last month before the ax fell had lots of new stuff. I assumed that was to try and refute the Dish claim that not enough programming money was being spent. Dish had a club, and they were using it to good effect (at least as far as new programming showing up).

Read the document that they filed. It indicates that E* orchestrated this whole thing of repeats and no new content for 6 months. As a sub that pays my monthly bill, I am angry that E* has to go that low and make us the subs to suffer for six months and in the meantime pay the bill.

Read the document that they filed. It indicates that E* orchestrated this whole thing of repeats and no new content for 6 months. As a sub that pays my monthly bill, I am angry that E* has to go that low and make us the subs to suffer for six months and in the meantime pay the bill.

I read it!

I knew that six month lull in program had to do with EcoStar threatening Voom.

I didn't know the mechanics, but I knew it was not coincidence.

Dish and Charlie really SUCK!

After reading the document, it's clear to me that neither side is innocent in this situation, not at all.

In the document, Voom HD even states that,
The plain language of Section 10 provides that VOOM HD must "spend" a specified amount up to $100 million "on the Service." Section 10 does not restrict the scope of VOOM HD's expenditures on the VOOM service that count toward satisfying the spend requirement, let alone limit them exclusively to direct programming expenses.

There's more after that, but in essence, Voom is saying that E* didn't tell Voom that they had to spend $100 mil on programming, just "on the Service". So, who knows what amount of money was spent on whatever, but it's obvious that it wasn't spent on a great deal of new programming. Maybe it was spent on equipment, employees, software, computers, etc.

Regardless, I think both sides are to blame in this issue and that, in a perfect world, they should just sit down, talk it out, make nice like reasonable adults and put some or all of Voom back up.

Obviously, that's not going to happen...

It's funny how this thread has turned into a continuous loop as well. :D A fitting tribute to Voom.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)