VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The call was in response to an email I sent awhile back about the VOOM situation and the lack of Indianapolis HD locals. But if you can't offer any information about either issue and you can't offer anything else, why bother with making the call?

I've also been getting mailings from DirecTv and will be watching how things develop over the next few months. If I don't see any positive movement from Dish before the end of this year I'll pay the early termination fee and move on.

Building a good Blu-Ray movie library may be a good option by then.

Mario

Voom up north

The call was in response to an email I sent awhile back about the VOOM situation and the lack of Indianapolis HD locals. But if you can't offer any information about either issue and you can't offer anything else, why bother with making the call?

I've also been getting mailings from DirecTv and will be watching how things develop over the next few months. If I don't see any positive movement from Dish before the end of this year I'll pay the early termination fee and move on.

Building a good Blu-Ray movie library may be a good option by then.

Mario

Im looking at a long shot down here in South Florida. I miss my 24hr hd programming so much im willing to try Bell expreesvu.
50/50 chance ill get the programming because im not really in their footprint.
Its a shame considering how many Canadians live down here. Their only choice is Starchoice. Its a good system but does not have the HD programming that bell does.

They(bell) have some Voom chanels ( canadian versions ) up and running.

Tv on dish is identical to direc tvs offerings right now. I also see that comcast is even catching up to the sat companies.

With Voom dish is top of the line without them their only saving grace is thier dvr.
Direc tv is simply crushing them.

I must say that I am deeply dissapointed with Dish

Im still hanging in there. Im out of contract so I can leave at any time.

How much longer I will wait is still up in the air.

Not crazy about a company that takes down valuable programming and puts up very poor substitutes in their place.

FWIW bell carries the four channel pack sold in Canada that includes

Equator HD
Oasis HD
Rush HD
Treasure HD

i am not particularly certain what is on Oasis except that it is described as being of interest to "everyone."

Last edited:
I'm totally anti commercials, so I would not them at all, not even between shows. I end up getting up and never coming back during commercials. I hate having stuff hawked at me. I also hate how loud commercials seem to be in relation to the loudness of the actual program.

Hence one of my main purposes of a DVR: to avoid the barrage. I love the 30 second skip button. But sometimes you've got to hit that sucker 8 times to get through a single commercial break!

CDH.

FWIW bell carries the four channel pack sold in Canada that includes

Equator HD
Oasis HD
Rush HD
Treasure HD

i am not particularly certain what is on Oasis except taht it is described as being of interest to "everyone."

Oasis is similar to HD Theater (discovery hd).. An HD channel about nature and animals.

I have read that Bell might be adding more 24 HD programming. Why is it that they seem to be '' getting it''??

Its just a pain the the ''a'' to have to go to another provider outside your country to get what you want.

Seems silly to me.:confused:

No one has seen an announcement so it is anyone's guess. They may have signed deal for some period of time. they may be extending it month to month or the two sides may have agrede to continue carriage while they talk.

Cablevsion is owned by Rainbow Media which owns Voom thus it makes sense that they will carry their own property.

Agred. but some (including our leader) had reported that they were pulling the plug perhaps in favor of the recently announced VOD service.

I guess it would be a good sign to know that there was an actual real live agreement in place saying that VOOM had some kind of home fora specified period of time. But right now we don't know the status.

In the meantime:

RUSH HD Enters New Markets

NEW YORK, July 1: Chello Zone secured a representation deal with VOOM HD Networks to distribute the action-sports channel RUSH HD into Europe, Africa, the Middle East and parts of Asia.

While Chello Zone will represent RUSH HD throughout much of Europe, NonStop Television will handle the channel’s distribution in Scandinavia and the Baltics.

RUSH HD, a 24/7 network dedicated to extreme sports and adrenaline-filled travel, has been a strong performer for VOOM in the U.S., and recently launched on BSkyB’s digital satellite platform in the U.K.

“Chello Zone has a proven track record in successfully delivering third-party channels throughout the world,” said Glenn Oakley, the senior VP of global operations and business development for VOOM HD Networks. “We are pleased by their efforts with VOOM HD, so it was a natural choice for us to add RUSH HD to that equation.”

www.worldscreen.com

In the meantime:

NEW YORK, July 1: Chello Zone secured a representation deal with VOOM HD Networks to distribute the action-sports channel RUSH HD into Europe, Africa, the Middle East and parts of Asia.

While Chello Zone will represent RUSH HD throughout much of Europe, NonStop Television will handle the channel’s distribution in Scandinavia and the Baltics.

RUSH HD, a 24/7 network dedicated to extreme sports and adrenaline-filled travel, has been a strong performer for VOOM in the U.S., and recently launched on BSkyB’s digital satellite platform in the U.K.

“Chello Zone has a proven track record in successfully delivering third-party channels throughout the world,” said Glenn Oakley, the senior VP of global operations and business development for VOOM HD Networks. “We are pleased by their efforts with VOOM HD, so it was a natural choice for us to add RUSH HD to that equation.”

www.worldscreen.com

Great to see them adding europe to their resume!!!

Now if only one of the ''other'' satilite companie can ''dare'' to do
something different here in the states.

Well, that would be something.

Voom needs to be on nationaly here in the states.

Im waiting to spend my hard earned money on Voom!

Cablevsion is owned by Rainbow Media which owns Voom thus it makes sense that they will carry their own property.

I hope there is some future Voom options in California. I am switching to Directv due to price as I'm saving $788 in year one then $216 in years two on; but I'd switch regardless of penalties if I had an option to get Voom in CA?

Well, its July 3rd and Voom isn't dead as many were predicting. That's good news I guess. They also don't seem to be packing up shop and folding.

In the meantime:

First, this is not an attempt at a flame, just a legitimate observation/question.

Why is Voom willing to break up their channels for foreign markets, but are so instistant that it's "15 or Bust" here in the US? If Dish could just pick up the 5 they left up for a day, I think they would go for it. That would be a win-win for us all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)