Voom hd movies coming may 1st

dennispap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 9, 2007
Hammond, La.
I was watching Equator channel this morning and they showed a bunch of movie clips and at the end of the commercial the voice and the graphic said
"Voom hd movies coming May 1st"

I doubt they are adding a channel, i believe they will be retooling Filmfest.
At least they showed newer movie clips then the movies they normally show on filfmest.
I guess may 1st we will see:)

Has anyone, other than myself, looked at old or new flicks, again, because when they were first viewed, they weren't shown in HD? Puts a new prospective on the movie to see it in that format.

OT: Pink Panther movies

I tuned into Steve for about 5 minutes. It was too painful to watch anymore.
Not nearly so painful as Revenge! Man alive that one's embarrassing, and an atrocious way to end the series.

My favorite line: Does your doga bite? (From Strikes Again)
Imagine that. Mine is "That is not my dog!" ;)

Voom HD Movies May 1st?

Voom HD Movies new channel coming May 1st. Saw a commercial for this while watching Voom HD News tonight. Maybe this has already been posted. What is this? I hope they are not revamping World Cinema HD or Filmfest HD as they are my most watched channels on Voom. I love Voom.

Its a channel were they aren't limit to airing the same two shows all day long. Now they can air three shows all day.

I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what they are going to do but the rumor is that they are retooling the filmfest channel.

I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what they are going to do but the rumor is that they are retooling the filmfest channel.

I think you meant to say retooling the World Cinema HD channel. Hopefully they will add the World Cinema content to FilmFest.

And I agree with the OP, it's a bummer!

I watch all my movies via DVR, so it won't be a huge deal for me if they start airing WorldCinema and FilmFest content on one channel.

But if they stop showing the WorldCinema HD programming, I'll be pretty upset. It's one of my most-watched channels, and shows a lot of great movies that are sometimes hard to see, especially in HD. Recent highlights Ridicule, White Nights, Purple Noon, Viridiana and Juliet of the Spirits. I've also got Mephisto on the DVR—last time I had the chance to watch it, it was dubbed and I had to turn it off. I've never seen it, but it won the Best Foreign film Oscar (not that that always denotes quality).

Movie channels are my favorite channels. But I have to say that I've been very disappointed in the World Cinema channel. When I first heard about it I thought it was going to be one of my 5 favorite channels, instead I almost never watch it. I wouldn't even care if it went away.

I will be disappointed if World Cinema content spills over into Filmfest.

Movie channels are my favorite channels. But I have to say that I've been very disappointed in the World Cinema channel. When I first heard about it I thought it was going to be one of my 5 favorite channels, instead I almost never watch it. I wouldn't even care if it went away.

I will be disappointed if World Cinema content spills over into Filmfest.

Agree 100% .... I have taken World off my favorite's list. Whether or not they are good movies is subjective but having to read the words on most movies I find annoying.

Voom HD Movies new channel coming May 1st. Saw a commercial for this while watching Voom HD News tonight. Maybe this has already been posted. What is this? I hope they are not revamping World Cinema HD or Filmfest HD as they are my most watched channels on Voom. I love Voom.

Yes this has already been posted. Please check before starting new threads that are already active.

A moderator might want to combine the threads please.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/130983-voom-hd-movies-coming-may-1st.html

Not a foreign film buff, and I hate subtitles, but I got hooked into watching Fellini's "Juliet of the Spirits" yesterday. Visually, it blew me away. In Hollywood films, only Kubrick comes close to Fellini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)