VOOM in Somerset/Morris NJ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

flavorguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Curious if anyone has had success in north central NJ with VOOM pulling in Phila or NYC.

The program guide, when typing in my zip, shows both Philly and NYC. I really don't care which I get (both would be great), but as anyone who lives in this area knows, we lie about 35-55 miles from NYC/Phila respectively with a lot of hills to contend with. The good news is is that my roof elevation is at about 260', which gives me a little height especially facing SW towards the Philly antenna farm.

I'd switch from E* to VOOM in a heartbeat if anyone living in the FarHills, PG, Bedminster, Chester area can confirm their set-up and reception.

I am curious too

I live in Hunterdon , NJ and Installs INC and Co., said I would get only one digital channel, a "nothing" channel. They didn't even give me the option of the upgraded antenna, they stated it would be a waste of time. Although, the Philly tower is only 30 miles from my house and I live atop a 15 acre open piece of property. From what I have read, 99.9% of the households can recieve a digital signal. I guess we are the 0.1% that are SOL.

My zip is 08848, but that is just the mailing address, my location in the county is a good 5 miles away from the zip.

I am about to Pull a plug on voom...
I am in Somerset, Somerset County, 08873
But
1) I wanna be able to pull NYC and Phily stations
- Willing to puchase my own amp, rotor and Antenna.. (Any recommendations?)
2) What antenna do installers in our area provide?
Anyone got success stories?
Thanks

I have heard no success stories yet in our area, although I am probably going to venture on my own, since the local installer knew about as much as I, and they are also just puppets to Installs Inc. I'ver heard that the wineguad 4228 is a good model for purple/pink antenna range. Anybody else have a solution for north central NJ?

Just found out my condo associate wont allow antennas on the roof..
How bad would it be to put one inside the attic? Will the house walls block the reception?
Any recommended installers for OTA Antenna in our area?
Thanks

Has anyone been installed by JC Experts in Philly/South Jersey? If so, how was their service? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)