VOOM in Virginia.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Where in VA?

vurbano said:
I just had mine installed 3/31/04. ANyone else out there?
I just had my Voom installed on 3/22. I am in Manassas and have started a thread for the DC area but no takers yet.

Where in VA are you and how is the Stealth antenna working for you?

Voom in Virginia

I'm in Midlothian (near Richmond)...Mine was installed on the 24th of March...Couple days after my appointment date, but what can you expect, it's new, right? We are totally stoked with this service, movies are so much better and Rave is very cool! Highly recommendeded & worth the wait!

Hitachi Ultravision 65"
Sony Dolby 5.1

Hometek,
Who did your install? I am scheduled for install 04/17. The installation company assigned to me is Satellite Technology. How did your install go? Any problems? Can you get all the locals? Did they use the stealth antenna? I have Dish network and Comcast now. How do you like your Hitachi? I have a Pioneer Elite 630HD.

Barry B.
Chesterfield, Va.

Hampton Roads area here. Install is set for 4/12. I've been reading great things about Voom. Hopefully they add the ESPN suite soon and I will be totally happy.

Mike

Im in newport news va. OTA is excellent with my rca ant40u in the attic. omnidirectional antennas almost never work. lol I had it installed for D* and informed voom and installs inc that the stealth was not going to work anyway. So they left it all here in a big box.

Datalink communications did my install. took about 30 minutes. I hooked up the recievers while he changed D*'s dish. That was it. I sent them an extensive email telling them what to do and they did it. The installer was very knowledgable, even more so han the previous D* installer. Was very impressed.

wasch_24 said:
How is over the air reception for you? Are using the stock Stealth antenna?

I use the stealth they brought out and pick up nbc,fox,abc,cbs and wb my only complaint i dont have any info in my program guide for these channels

I am in Newport News, Va and had Voom installed on March 27, 2004. I did have the installer use the Stealth multidirectional antenna in my attic space, which is in the attic space of my walk-in-closet off the masterbedroom. I did experience some signal drops and freezes. So, I ended up going to Radio shack and buying the 2016 directional antenna and replacing the Stealth multidirectional antenna. I installed it last week and had to fine turn the antenna a little more to pick up a better ABC signal. So far it has been working fine. If I experience and more problems I plan to move the antenna up in the high attic and have Voom install a Channel Master 4220.

madmike said:
Hampton Roads area here. Install is set for 4/12. I've been reading great things about Voom. Hopefully they add the ESPN suite soon and I will be totally happy.Mike

Mike, Where in Hampton Roads? I'm in VaBeach. All of my local channels drop out (no sig) with the Stealth antenna.

I'm in the Great Bridge section of Chesapeake. I doubt I'll use the antenna that they bring with them. I already have a Radio Shack double bowtie and a Zenith Silver Sensor up in the attic that I've used previously. I'll just try the both of those and see how they do with the Voom box. They both worked pretty good with the Sammy T-165 that I had for OTA only a little while back.

Mike

I had Satellite Technology do my install. the person they sent out couldn't speak much english and was slow. He arrived at 9:30am and didn't leave until 3:30pm. Although he did do a good job with the install. The service calls that I called Voom back on I had DataLink Communications come out. They seemed to be very knowledgeable and are quick.

Chesterfield, Va installation

I live in Chesterfield , Va. which is west of Richmond. I moved in to my current house in April, 2004 and had Voom installed because cable is unavailable in this neighborhood. I like Voom's HD features.

However, rain fade and very sporadic OTA performance makes me wish I could go back to Comcast.
Chip

jrchip01 welcome.I live in northern Va (prince william county) have never had rain fade problems.What signal strength are you getting on dish mine is 96.

as far as ota goes i had aproblem receiving some channels when i was first installed. Called voom they upgraded antenna i still had problems.

So i went to radio shack and bought a 25.00 dollar antenna and solved those problems (i am about 30 miles from the Washington DC towers

I guess I'm one of the few VOOMers in the Roanoke area. I have generally really liked VOOM. So much HD.
OTA is the biggest problem here, as I am behind mountains. I can't even get SOUND in analog from Roanoke stations.
I can get Lynchburg stations - WSET-13/ABC, and FOX21/WB, and surprisingly, I can get WVIR channel 29 /NBC(digital 32) out of Charlottesville.

They upgraded me from the Stealth to the Channel Master (still one element) amplified antenna. I then put it up 35 feet.

I hope the new law in congress will allow a CBS-HD feed.

Richmond, West End (Henrico near Regency) here. Installed 12/13/04.

I get WWBT/NBC, but it pixelates and locks up a lot. I can get WUPV/UPN sometimes. So far the other OTA nets seem okay, but I really haven't watched much network TV since the install. (Too busy this time of year.)

jame_g said:
Richmond, West End (Henrico near Regency) here. Installed 12/13/04.

I get WWBT/NBC, but it pixelates and locks up a lot. I can get WUPV/UPN sometimes. So far the other OTA nets seem okay, but I really haven't watched much network TV since the install. (Too busy this time of year.)

May need to adjust your antenns or get an upgraded antenns if you continue to experience these problems. I am in Newport News, Va and I had to get an upgraded antenna since they installed the wrong type of OTA antenna. Go to www.antennaweb.org to see if you have correct OTA channel installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)