Voom increases illegally collected sales tax.

Illegal Tax? YES!

Here is page 1. The Virginia AG's Office response to my request.

Attachments

• Tax1.jpg
    Tax1.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 244
Now it gets good

Page 1 of the AG's Letter to the Commissioner of Taxation"

Attachments

• tax3.jpg
    tax3.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 207
Onto page 2: I have to type this one. For some reason it would not scan.

converter box and remote control units, despite being separately stated on the subscriber's bill, was likewise inconsequential to the provision of television service and thus not subject to taxation.(2) Consequently, it appears that the satelite service provider in the instant case is erroneously charging and collecting state sales tax from consumers on the provision of services exempt from taxation unter Code of Virginai 58.1-609.5, as well as on the rental of equipment constituting an "inconsequential element " of such service. Accordingly, we are referring the matter to your office for appropriate corrective action, as well as any action necessary to see that appropriate refunds are made to the affected consumers.

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to call me directly at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

With best regards, I remain.

Assistant Attorney General

(2) See, Ruling of the Commissioner, P.D. 97-47 (Feb. 9, 1997)

So, Boys and Girls there you have it. If by some chance everyone in Virginia gets a refund. You should send me a dollar.

Regards

OB

Thanks but I'll pass on being President. However, one thing is for sure Jerry Kilgore will get my vote for govenor.

It's one thing to identify this illegal tax. But it's another to actually get VOOM to STOP collecting it and to issue a REFUND.

But Good Luck!!! It looks like you are on the right track.

(kinda funny that VOOM is now supporting a site with a thread like this)

Actually if voom does not stop collecting it then that state will then sue VOOM on behalf of the poeple of that stat. It becomes an issue of fraud.

States don't take this type of thing lightly

Wow... I was right....... and according to my ex I was never right? How could that be? lmao........

Devildogg, you are brilliant. Great job! ROFL! I can hardly wait to track this post from this point forward. Every state should get involved.

I turn them in to the GDOR a while back , but I never heard anything back about it , said they were going to look into them.

?

ram1220 said:
And why don't you just skip it if you don't like it? If I scare off any potential Voom customers, good! They need to know the whole picture. No pun intended. Your bitching and moaning is getting old.

I'm bitchin' you negative b*? You obviously need to find a creative outlet for all of your bile. Take it to someone that gives a d*.