VOOM Installations

WLong said:
I can get a pruner that will cut branches that are about 25+ feet high?

Yes, just go to Home Depot and see the different sizes. The tree pruner I believer can do it for you see the picture above. It is larger than in the picture because you can slide the pole more and enlarge it.

faithntim said:
The first 4 channels in the guide are as follows:

0-4 (no info)
0-8 (no info)
0-10 (no info)
8-15 inVOOM (inside VOOM)
Then 100 and on up.

Do a factory Reset.

VOOM Factory Reset

Press the following buttons on the remote control unit:
a. VOOM
b. Green Button (To access Options and Settings screen)
c. Select "System Settings" menu option
d. Select option 8 "Installation Settings"
e. Press "9 8 8" on the remote control unit.
f. The "System Configuration" menu will have the following options:
(1) Manual Tune
(2 SD Audio & Video Test
(3) HD Audio & Video Test
(4) Modem Setup & Test
(5) Authorization Reset
(6) Factory Reset
(7) Audio Test Mode

Press "6" to initiate the reset.

The Factory Reset causes the set-top box to clear most non-volatile memory and take the set-top box back to a factory initialized state. Upon completion of the reset, the set-top box returns to the System Configuration menu.

Please allow 10 minutes for the box to fully reset and reacquire guide data. Some viewers have reported needing to power cycle the box (front panel "power") and/or toggle resolution modes using the red button behind the lower right front panel door (when second light bar from the top is lit, that is 780i, which is often the optimum setting).

Sean Mota said:
Do a factory Reset.

VOOM Factory Reset

Press the following buttons on the remote control unit:
a. VOOM
b. Green Button (To access Options and Settings screen)
c. Select "System Settings" menu option
d. Select option 8 "Installation Settings"
e. Press "9 8 8" on the remote control unit.
f. The "System Configuration" menu will have the following options:
(1) Manual Tune
(2 SD Audio & Video Test
(3) HD Audio & Video Test
(4) Modem Setup & Test
(5) Authorization Reset
(6) Factory Reset
(7) Audio Test Mode

Press "6" to initiate the reset.

The Factory Reset causes the set-top box to clear most non-volatile memory and take the set-top box back to a factory initialized state. Upon completion of the reset, the set-top box returns to the System Configuration menu.

Please allow 10 minutes for the box to fully reset and reacquire guide data. Some viewers have reported needing to power cycle the box (front panel "power") and/or toggle resolution modes using the red button behind the lower right front panel door (when second light bar from the top is lit, that is 780i, which is often the optimum setting).

It's been about 20 minutes since reset. Program guide is now empty. Locals still not there. Ideas?

Sean Mota said:
So no locals and the same channels? Do it again...

Wait...the system locked. So I held the power button for a few seconds until it went off. When it came back on, the locals now show up in the program guide. However, the entire program guide is still empty. Any way to force it to fill up?

Well, I just talked to me neighbor and he agreed as long as he could be on hand when it happened. So, 8am Tuesday we will being the LAST attempt at a VOOM install here.

I have a HLN507w. I have found that my set doesn't like Voom's output of 720P using a DVI cable. When I configure the Voom box to output in 1080i, the HLN507w works great.

Try switching Voom's resolution while your TV is on, when you reach Voom's 720P output you will see what I mean. Sometimes I have to cycle the power of the HLN507w (turn the set on and off) to reset the resolution to the screen. (Note: I have not tried this with component cables only with the DVI.) The DLP resolution is "night and day" better with the DVI compared to the component cables)

I also find that the HLN507w doesn't like Voom's output of native resolution (All four red LED illuminated) when switching from channel to channel, I get a smaller screen with all sides having black bars for many of the channels. I have not played with the native resolution setting very much though.

I am interested in your findings, it seems to me that Voom's native output or 720p should be the way to go, especially for programing broadcasting in native 720p. Right now with Voom outputting in 1080i, I am sure I am losing resolution with native 720p programming.

Let me know what you discover in your research.

Terry

Samsung HLN507W
Denon AVR 3801
M&K 6.1

seabird,

I also found the same thing about the DLP. I have a 42" and through DVI, I could not get 720p on my new box. I ended up using 1080i.

seabird said:
I have a HLN507w. I have found that my set doesn't like Voom's output of 720P using a DVI cable. I set the Voom box to output in 1080i and the HLN507w works great.

Try switching Voom's resolution while your TV is on, when you reach Voom's 720P output you will see what I mean. Sometime I have to cycle the power on the HLN507w (turn the set on and off) to reset the resolution to the screen. (Note: I have not tried this with component cables only with the DVI.) The DLP resolution is "night and day" better with the DVI compared to the component cables)

I also find that the HTL507w doesn't like Voom's output of native resolution (All four red LED illuminated) when switching from channel to channel, I get a smaller screen with all sides having black bars for many of the channels. I have not played with the native resolution setting very much though.

I am interested in your findings, it seems to me that Voom's native output or 720p should be the way to go, especially for programing broadcasting in native 720p. Right now with Voom outputting in 1080i, I am sure I am losing resolution with native 720p programming.

Let me know what you discover in your research.

Terry

Samsung HLN507W
Denon AVR 3801
M&K 6.1

I have found the same thing tonight. The 1080i works best. My 567w goes a little wacky through DVI when I switch VOOM's output. So, I have to switch away from the DVI input and then back to get it to reset.

Tim

It can take anywhere from 10mins-1hr for the program guide to fill up all the way.

I had the same problem.

Just give it a little while. you'll get it!

WLong said:
Well, I just talked to me neighbor and he agreed as long as he could be on hand when it happened. So, 8am Tuesday we will being the LAST attempt at a VOOM install here.
I would give him free viewing at your house for a month :)

Me too. I have a HLN567 as well. Mine does not like 720p. I have the VOOM box at 1080i.

I figured this is best anyway since VOOM broadcasts in 1080i and I suspect the de-interlacer in our DLPs is better than the one in the VOOM box.

Carlos

faithntim said:
I have found the same thing tonight. The 1080i works best. My 567w goes a little wacky through DVI when I switch VOOM's output. So, I have to switch away from the DVI input and then back to get it to reset.

Tim

seabird said:
I have a HLN507w. I have found that my set doesn't like Voom's output of 720P using a DVI cable. When I configure the Voom box to output in 1080i, the HLN507w works great.
I've got the HLN507W also. I concur that when using DVI cables VOOM's 720P setting doesn't behave when I thought, like you, this would be the optimum setting. 1080i is where I leave my VOOM box and it looks awesome so I don't revisit this.

seabird said:
The DLP resolution is "night and day" better with the DVI compared to the component cables)
Yes, I completely agree DVI gives a better picture than component.

I got everything up and running and it seem good. The new installer was great, and it now is obvious that the original installers were flat out lying about me not being able to receive the signal.

Only odd that was... there was no download in the installation process. As soon as we plugged everything in and hooked it up, he called in, and the picture started. I was expecting it to take 20-30 minutes. I have 5.08 software and secure firmware v16.

Vaggeto said:
I got everything up and running and it seem good. The new installer was great, and it now is obvious that the original installers were flat out lying about me not being able to receive the signal.

Only odd that was... there was no download in the installation process. As soon as we plugged everything in and hooked it up, he called in, and the picture started. I was expecting it to take 20-30 minutes. I have 5.08 software and secure firmware v16.

same thing here. The installer just called in and *BAM* it was on. Anyways, glad to hear it worked out for ya! :D

My installer said not to "power down" at night but to keep the unit in "standby" so that it could do it's downloads. He said, "If the green icon light is on, it is in standby." I can't find anything that says how to put it into standby mode.

Anyone know?

faithntim said:
My installer said not to "power down" at night but to keep the unit in "standby" so that it could do it's downloads. He said, "If the green icon light is on, it is in standby." I can't find anything that says how to put it into standby mode.

Anyone know?

It works either way (I believe). The new boxes have the software (ver 5.08) pre-installed. Any new software release after that it will download.

I might as well chime in ... I have the same DLP as Sean with the same result. 720p will not show correctly through DVI (it compresses the image in the top left of the screen). 1080i works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts