Voom is up and running

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hear they are still finalizing some programming and expect to have more anouncements over the next two weeks.

This is going to be quite a ramp up from what I hear.

I do hope Voom lets me test their service, after all I am in CT, I already have an OTA antenna on the roof and have a Dish pointed at 61.5 all's I would need is a receiver and a few days to test it out. :)
Who knows when all is said and done I might be sending them a check for their receiver. :D

While this site has been online for only 3 weeks we already have served over 3 million hits and 13 gig of traffic, not to shabby!

We will do our best to provide all our members with all the latest VOOM news just as we do and are known for with Dish Network and DirecTV. It should be interesting to say the least!

Here is what they say--Hope they deliver,they can make $$ if

Like millions of consumers, you've been waiting for months-even years-for this amazing new technology called HDTV to become a reality. Why invest in an HDTV set if there's precious little HDTV programming to watch?

Your wait is over. VOOM arrives on October 15.

VOOM is HDTV Delivered: the first HDTV-focused satellite service to offer a full schedule of great HD programming for your HDTV set. In fact, VOOM delivers 39 HD channels, including 21 exclusive channels you can't see anywhere else. That's more than four times the HD programming of any other provider.

Get the high-definition rush you've been waiting for. With VOOM, you get HD movies in widescreen. HD music videos in surround sound. And HD sports that seem to blast right into your living room.

Ready for VOOM? Our fully realized HDTV service will be available nationwide on October 15. You will be able to order VOOM at retail stores, by phone and on this Web site. Sign up now and we will contact you with more information on VOOM. And check back soon for the complete VOOM Web site, with all the details on VOOM's exclusive HD channel

This all sounds great, the more HD the better! But I really have to have DVR, life without time-shifting would be brutal. :) If they could add a HD-DVR to the mix, I might be having a real dilemma figuring out which service to use.

junk programs if HiDef are no improvement to what we in NYC are getting now. We need NBC and ABC. If these guys give us major content then I'll buy it, but Word, HGTV, even Cartoon Network hold no interest in any format. I'm told they will have a dog network. baf.

I'm interested in hearing which of the "40 most popular cable channels" are. Also, I would be interested in knowing if they intend to keep compression issues to a minimum and provide "enhanced definition" programming as well.

Stacy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)