VOOM up and running in Whittier Ca.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

orl2222

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Just got my install today. The installing was quite a bit in a hurry. The HD channels look fabulous, and some of the SD channels have less pixilization then D* which I also have. The dish itself really rides low in the horizon. The only problem I do have is that I am not able to recieve my local HD channels over VOOM. I called technical support, she was not sure what to do. The installer attached the OTA just below my OTA for D*. I have no problem recieving my locals with D*, so I am assuming that if I leave my VOOM box on standby tonight, I should get a software upgrade for OTA search? Is this correct? Thanks for all your help!

Welcome orl2222!
You should receive the software update within a day or two, but it won't have OTA search. This feature is not yet available.

If your OTA channels are not working, the installer has not completed his work. Call VOOM and have someone come back and complete the installation.

If you feel like troubleshooting it yourself, let us know how it is connected now (e.g. do you have a diplexer installed?) We'll try to help you.

Ok, I figured it out. I held the standby button for 4 seconds, the L.H. indicators flashed orange, waited a couple of mins. and my locals showed up. So far I'm impressed with the pq quality, but to be honest, VOOM's customer service reps have alot to be desired, not really helpful, or lack training I guess. The installs.com installer was more interested in being late for a outing with his wife, then actually checking everything. He was going to leave wiring hanging down from the outside of my house, but i made him secure them properly. I hooked the the stb up, so in reality, he didn't have to do to much. I hope that in the future they really look at their installers more carefully. C.S.I. would be rated pretty low for them.

Glad it worked! Enjoy your VOOM!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)