Voom just installed-7/29/04

dailo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
Liking voom so far, the quality is awesome and its so nice to have so many hd channels compared to the four i had before, awesome to know i have some 24/7 hd channels now so I can show off =P

Only thing is the person didn't have time to do the OTA because he just came because of a cancellation so yay for me, right now I'm hooking up my indoor antenna to it and I'm getting 0 signal for off-air signal quality. Any suggestions on anything I might of forgotten to do? Also the guy said he had to run two wires to my cable box, is there anyway to install the diplexer up on the roof so that two cables aren't neccessary? Thanks for all the help guys, wouldn't of had voom without ya!

indoor ota

Liking voom so far, the quality is awesome and its so nice to have so many hd channels compared to the four i had before, awesome to know i have some 24/7 hd channels now so I can show off =P

Only thing is the person didn't have time to do the OTA because he just came because of a cancellation so yay for me, right now I'm hooking up my indoor antenna to it and I'm getting 0 signal for off-air signal quality. Any suggestions on anything I might of forgotten to do? Also the guy said he had to run two wires to my cable box, is there anyway to install the diplexer up on the roof so that two cables aren't neccessary? Thanks for all the help guys, wouldn't of had voom without ya!

Wait till he comes back and install the antenna. If you want only one line, you can ask him to install the diplexer with the antenna. This is part of the installation.

He's not gonna be back for a while, I read some people install an indoor antenna? I see the little antenna jack to the right of the sattelite jack, I plugged it there but I get 0 signal. I then went to system and tried to do a position, but it asked for RF range, how do I find that info?

dailo said:
He's not gonna be back for a while, I read some people install an indoor antenna? I see the little antenna jack to the right of the sattelite jack, I plugged it there but I get 0 signal. I then went to system and tried to do a position, but it asked for RF range, how do I find that info?

Go to www.antennaweb.org and you will get the RF number. You will also get the distance of the stations from you. If the stations are too far you may not get reception with an indoor antenna. Which one you have?

I have the zennith z1 or whatever, I can get a few channels, but I guess I won't be able to get some of the farther ones until I get my outdoor one setup. Guess this will have to do until he comes back.

One more question, will the amplified antenna be weaker if I put the diplexer on the sattelite? Thnx.

dailo said:

With the stock Winegard (GS-2000a SensarII) he will have to use a diplexer that passes DC power to both the antenna and the SAT dish.
41020.jpg

If he runs a seperate line he will need the power supply for that antenna.

dailo said:
Reference this for the proper antenna connection.

Make sure this diplexer is not attached if you are using the indoor antenna.
dipl_installed.jpg

Thanks, wonder why he said he had to run two lines then. The sattelite is pretty far from my cable box and having two wires run all thle way across would of been so ugly, thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts