Voom lite???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dash2004

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
I have been reading a lot of D* lite threads. What I saw tonight on TNT-HD (NBA games) made me think about Voom lite. Has anyone else noticed that the games on TNT-HD had too much pixelation and mosquito noise? The games I saw last week were way much better in PQ than this week's games. What is going on? Is this related to the new encoding scheme the Voom is testing now? I pray that Voom PQ would not degrade to the level of D* or E*.
Would someone please tell me that my eyes were fooling me last night?

Well, lets hope it is just the actual shows and not what is to come but I've noticed a few things also. The volume is screwed up now (used to be equal for the most part for all the channels), and UHD is getting screwy lately (like what you were talking about)... I called into to complain about this, and they are sending me out a new box text week - hopefully it will fix things :confused:

I think its the changing of encoders. On the stations that have already been done I see vast improvement on the SD side.

I pray that Voom PQ would not degrade to the level of D* or E*.
Apparently you have not seen HD on Dish. I had a friend over to watch the All Star game on TNTHD and we watched it on Voom & the PQ sucked big time. The only reason I watched it on Voom is because I was recording it on Dish and I wanted the absolute best recording possible. Dish HD does not pixelate like Voom does and if you ever saw HDNET, there is no way in Hell you would ever make a statement like this.

Really wow? I have seen dtv and dish networks 3 hd channels on one transponder and was not impressed, never seen Voom but heard it was better?

tdti1 said:
Really wow? I have seen dtv and dish networks 3 hd channels on one transponder and was not impressed, never seen Voom but heard it was better?
Dish's 3/transponder look better than Voom. ESPNHD & DiscoveryHD are the only 2 I can vouch for. Comparing DiscoveryHD between Dish & Voom, Dish wins hands down. HDNET whips both of them but it is still at 2 channels/transponder.

The State of Union Address looked pretty darn good on HDNews...until they panned the House. The President standing at the podium looked just as good as he did on CBS, however crowd shots on HDNews looked blurry and lacked detail on HDNews. I would be a very happy camper if VOOM were to look at good as CBS.

While watching "Penguins under siege" on Equator last night, I noticed a lot of pixelation and macroblacking on fast moving scences. The PQ of the same program I watched a few days ago on the same channel was superb. This is another example of degraded PQ on Voom in the last few days.

BTW, the OTA broadcast of the Oscar presentation was fantastic last night. Extremely pleasing PQ and surround sound. I hope all the Voom HD channels can be as good as this OTA broadcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts