Voom local channel problem

podboy38

Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
I've got a problem and I'll try not to make this as convoluted as possible. I sold a Voom receiver and the guy can't make the locals work. Now, I found out that my brother (who owned it before) had everything working before they went out of business, except that he hadn't activated the local channels. Now, is there a way to get around this, or am I going to have to refund this guy's money? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum, podboy38!

Local channels do not require separate activation. If the box was activated for satellite programming, and was never deactivated (was operational until the day VOOM DBS went dark), it should work fine for locals. What the person needs to do, is to connect the antenna and do an OTA channel scan. Advise him to visit this forum for instructions on how to do that. ;)

That's of course assuming the box and the OTA tuner are operational, the Installation Wizard is accessible and there are no pin-locks set, etc. Any reason why your brother was not using it for local channels?

Thanks for all your good advice. I can't confirm this, but I believe the party I sold this to has since figured it out. I haven't heard from him in a few days, so that's a good sign that he straightened it out himself. As for my brother, he would've used it for local channels but they told him he was too far out to receive them. If I hear back from my buyer, I'll send him your way. Thanks again.

Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts