Voom Logo on the dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dledeaux

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
Longview, TX
Does anyone else worry about the Voom logo on their dish? I am not to concerned about it right now, but I am worried that as Voom begins to gain recognition that people will begin to make the connection between the Voom dish on the roof and a hi def set inside.

Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid, but I've been contemplating ways of masking the logo. I've been thinking about paint. Has anyone ever painted their dish? Would Voom disapprove of a painted dish since I don't really own it? Perhaps I could replace it with an old DirecTV dish? They're compatible, aren't they? Of course the other option would be to upgrade to a larger dish and increase signal strength at the same time, although I haven't had too much problem with rain fade.

Anyone else have ideas?

I think if you have a Dish-any dish- on the roof one can guess you have more then a 13" set in your house..Also many here seem to have more then one dish..Can't be to crazy about these things<but i understand

I believe Directv and Voom are the exact same dish. I know the installer had to take down my Directv dish before installing V*. That's marketing for you.

Save time... just paint over it.

The dish is the same as the original DTV dishes.I have one up instead of the VOOM dish.
Yes,you can paint them ,use a flat exterior paint...make sure you wipe down the dish with a deglosser/cleaner first.The paint will stick just fine then.
I have one painted for 3 years now.

Well...

If they can get my 55" set out of the home theater, out of the basement and out the door they can have it. I'll have an excuse to get a projector! :)

But seriously, I'm not worried about it in the least bit. Most people who are breaking into homes are usually looking for something easy to hock for drug money. Unless you're living in an exclusive neighborhood the pros usually aren't targeting your home. If you live there they don't need a dish to tip them off to you having nice things. I wouldn't worry too much over this.

The Rickster

So what would robbers think when they see 5 dishes on my house :D

I have thought about paiting mine with a bullseye, since obviously the seagulls already use it as a target :D:D:D:D

dledeaux said:
Does anyone else worry about the Voom logo on their dish? I am not to concerned about it right now, but I am worried that as Voom begins to gain recognition that people will begin to make the connection between the Voom dish on the roof and a hi def set inside.

Switch it to a Smith & Wesson or Ruger emblem - or a picture of a doberman...

but........are robbers smart enuf to know voom is HDTV DELIVERED...providing over 30 channels in stunning high definition!?? :D

shoot hdtv owners don't so how can someone who steals one know that. :confused:

I'd just like to see a thief try to steal my HDTV. 64" TV upstairs. I had to get 3 other people to help get it upstairs and we almost killed ourselved doing it. No theif could get that TV outside! We also had to remove the back of the TV to get it through some areas. At least the difficulty in getting it to the room it goes to, and the fact that the TV has to be disassembled to move it through certain areas lets me rest assured that no theif will ever steal it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)