Voom New $150 Off Promotion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would think it was the HD content that makes VOOM sweet enought to try. Anyone will try free with no committment which is why VOOM smartly changed their offer.

I don't think the 1 year is what brings people in necessarily that's there to protect Voom. Voom's main hurt is there is no cheap multiroom deal like cable, or D*, and E* provide. Their 1-2 year committs and you keep the crappy SD receivers. If with 2 years you could own the STBs (presumably if the non HD rooms are using some stripped down SD box only), that would be something equal to the DBS providers but with more HD content.

VMI said:
I would think it was the HD content that makes VOOM sweet enought to try. Anyone will try free with no committment which is why VOOM smartly changed their offer.

Not true (for me anyway). I had never seen HD and was not about to commit without an in home tryout, as it were.

Coming from cable, where I also had no obligations, I had to admit it was the free install with no committ that got me hooked into VOOM. I was willing to pay more as VaVaVOOM is more expensive than Ultra cable (channel for channel - Combinning HD & SD) but I was more than willing to pay extra for an HD upgrade.

I would have been reticent to pay for an install, with a 1-year commitment of an unkown item such as sattelite since I've always had cable which is proven.

I'm sure I wouldn't have signed up for the $200 install with a 1-year commitment but for $50 and an HD PVR, with a 1-year, I'm sure I would have. Without the PVR??? hmmm...

I would have made a 1 year commitment ONLY for the $0 down, $9.90/month lease and a guaranteed package price for the year. Nothing is worse than signing up for a 1 year commitment and having them raise their rates 2 months later, Dish does this if you happen to sign up with them just before a rate hike. They have disclaimers so you have no recourse.

seandudley said:
Yea, since I was never able to see Voom before I ordered it because Sears didn't know what they were doing, I probably wouldn't have gone for it if there was a 1 year commitment. Don't like signing a 1 year commitment sight-unseen. Now that I have seen it, I would have no problem signing a 1-year commitment. I think it is very important for Voom to be able to be viewed reliably on well set up systems in popular electronics stores if they want people to commit to a year of programming.

Hopefully, one of the VOOM sales executives are making calls to Best Buy and Circuit City!!

voom should scrap the mandatory installs and provide self installs, this way we save the $200 they save the $200 from having to pay installs inc.

Still waiting

I am not a Voom customer, but would like to be. I would also like to have "free self installation" and no commitment. Until this happens I will stay with my current cable. To many concerns for me to switch and be stuck with a 1 year commitment;

How good OTA reception will be?
I don't want some moron coming in and running my wires, mounting my dish, setting up my box, I want to do it myself!
SD quality compared to my current cable?
HD quality compared to my current cable?
Higher cost compared to cable!

>>How good OTA reception will be?
I don't want some moron coming in and running my wires, mounting my dish, setting up my box, I want to do it myself!
SD quality compared to my current cable?
HD quality compared to my current cable?
Higher cost compared to cable

OTA reception depends on where you live. If you live in a valley or area surrounded by high thick trees, you'll have less luck than I do living outside the Houston Metro area where it's wide open. Also in ref to OTA, last night we had major downpours and the sat went out (I only have an 18" dish) but my OTA channels were fine so I was able to watch all my primetime shows. By the time the storms moved on, primetime was over and I was back watching HD concerts on RAVE

SD Quality is better than I had with Time Warner cable and MUCH better than what my Dad was getting with DirectTv.
HD Quality compared to cable? Are you kidding me?! This is VOOM we're talking about. VOOM HD is the BEST THERE IS. PERIOD!

My Voom bill is less than I was paying Time Warner Cable and I have VaVa Voom.

HTH,

Robert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)